Dirty Truckers

Drluvv

Expert Expediter
I'm not gonna go into any details or else I'm gonna gross you guys out, but be careful when eating at those truckstop buffets. I've noticed a lot of drivers leaving the restrooms without washing thier hands and smelling like they could use a bath only to head straight for the truckstop dinning room and the buffet table.

mvbn1

Expert Expediter
Drluvv, You should have stopped the driver(s) in question, and explained the horrors we expediters face, when they decide to be slobs. Just make sure they don't see which truck you get into in the parking area. :+

M A WEBSTER

Expert Expediter
there are a lot of nasty/filthy men out there(not just drivers)men who stand there and piss all over the seats instead of using the urinals.Ive seen them coming out of the crapper, walk past the sinks and head straight to the buffet bar(which i never eat off of)and think nothing of it. I for one walk into the restrooms to do my business once finished touch nothing once my hands are washed(especially) the door handles.Come on america wise up and clean your nasty habits

dukesadog

Expert Expediter
Actually a recent survey was done here in the south where out of something like 4600 men using the restroom only about 125 actually washed their hands, which is quite scarey...and its not even holloween yet.

When I was on the road I never ate or tried not to eat at any truckstop...I remember getting food poisoning out in Blythe California and was in an old cabover...up and down in and out of that cramped 26" sleeper about 15 times...nope I was cured of truckstop food.

dukesadog

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I've read of people that try not to touch the door handle when leaving a restroom so think about this . What's the first thing most people on the road do when they come out of the restroom ? They grab something to drink . Have you ever gotten a coffee or fountain drink and only touched the lid you were going to use ? No , they are stuck together and you handle 2 or 3 . Who did that before you ? I heard a health expert say never use those air blowing hand driers in the restrooms . They circulate all kinds of germs off the floor and people tested using them had more bacteria on their hands after using them than before .

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Before washing my hands, I get an extra paper towel (or handful of t.p. if there are air dryers), tuck it against my side while washing & drying, then use it to turn off the water & open the door. I feel better (literally!) when my hands are clean. And I don't eat at truckstop buffets! The parking area for t/t is littered with so much trash, you can tell that some drivers are just pigs, & I sure don't want to eat with them.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
This is also what I was talking about on the Post RE:NO EXPEDITORS allowed in a area. SLOBS.

I have often wondered when the J and others are going to make us begin using (and I am all for it) plastic gloves to belly up to the food bars. Seems like a good idea to me.

I have gotten sick quite a few times out there only once from eating off the menu the rest of the time from the food bars. I love a salad and soup, its the hot food that seems to get the bad germs growing. I personally no longer eat from the hot bars, and a soup and salad is usually around $6 vs $11 for both and a drink (water only).

People are real slobs or inconsiderate of others I agree those air dryers are not safe, so grab some TP to grab the door knob with. I will not even tough a door if it opens in the direction you are going I use my foot otherwise use a tissue.

Now imiagne since if you are a clean neat individual and have gotten ill. What if you were not? How many more times do they get sick? I was at the J in Lebec CA I saw a guy splatter gravey all over every dish of food under the glass and did not care less. GROSS>

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Tom Tinker Retired
Hi you truckers how about hand sanitizers. we use this at the table
kids are bad for being dirty

Pappy

Expert Expediter
I've just decided----I'm just too neat--too clean--and look just too good to drive a truck!
However, being a compassionate person, I fully understand just how much my boss needs me to stay out there on the road and maintain his companies image. SO---Guess I'll be out there a while longer!
Pappy
35 years OTR/TT and still goin' strong :) :) :)

wahoofan

Expert Expediter
HELP HELP!!!! I am drowning in a huge wasteland of trucker filfth. The parking lots, restrooms, and buffet tables are totally unsafe. You will get sick or even worse die from some infectious disease that some neanderthal truck driver spread in the above locales. Please truckers, change your behaviour!

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Anyone remenber the old saying from the 70's---IF YOU CAUGHT IT--A TRUCK BROUGHT IT!
Pappy :p :p :p

Draco

Expert Expediter
I use hand sanatizers as well. I carry several bottles in the truck and tuck on in my pocket when going to public restrooms. I've found that Wal-mart carries some smaller pocket-sized bottles that work great. I use them ALOT more in the winter time. Since I've started doing this practice I've not had a cold in over a year. I also use the hand sanatizers after picking up at a shipper or delivery. Cause I've had some shipper/reciever guys that aren't exactly the cleanest either.

Axis714

Expert Expediter
This is precisely why its called a truckstop and not a family fun center. Too many weak feable germaphobes complaining about what drivers do. If youre a "paid tourist" please feel free to go to the Cracker Barrel and make sure you sit in the NON smoking area. Drivers require few things in life, a place to sleep, eat, drink coffee, smoke cigarettes, and use the phone and restrooms. If these filthy pigs offend you in any way, you may consider a factory job.
If the buffet ( big ugly fat f^%$ers eating together) doesnt meet up to your standards, either lower your standards or simply dont eat it. Some of us dont really have the time to critique the ammenities offered by a fuelstop, we need to get it, grab it,eat it, use it, and GO! In all actuality, if you find yourself with enough time on your hands to inspect the cleanliness of the Flying J, Youre not hauling freight.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Axis714,
I hate to say this but, I hope you remember every word of your post the next time you are doubled over with stomach cramps and running a fever so high you don't know your own name due to some bacterial infection you picked up from the toilet, the buffet, or just breathing the air from a dirty waste laden parking lot of a truck stop.
It is quite obvious from your post that you have low values and very much a lack of respect for your fellow drivers. I can only imagine the condition and appearance of your truck and you for that matter.
Well to each his own but you have certianly earned my disrespect after reading your post.

Dan

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You and your fellow "filthy pig" drivers offend me in every way! You're the reason many customers won't provide bathroom facilities for drivers, truckstop parking areas are littered with garbage, and most people outside the industry consider all drivers to be dirty subhumans. If you don't have the time or desire to clean up your act, you can work at a junkyard, landfill, or county dump, where you won't offend everyone you come in contact with. You'd be happier, and so would everyone else.

klippencott

Expert Expediter
Hey Axis714,
How about posting your route and schedule so the rest of us know to stay away!

There's no job in the world that's so important that you can't take time to conduct very basic human disease prevention! How long does it take to wash your hands? Maybe a minute? If you don't have a minute maybe you need to look for a different job, a factory job gives you a 15 min. brake and a 30 min. lunch.

I assure you that I have no respect for you!