Diesel Prices at truck stops

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
I had more than one trip across Illinois with the low fuel light on praying I'd make it to the first QT in MO and get good cheap fuel!

That is how it is for me. Of course there was the one time I only made it to the 0.8 mile marker.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I like Murphys USA at Wal Mart and with a Wal Mart Card you save $.03 pergallon; however, not all Murphys have Diesel but most do, check your Road Atlas.
QT's are great too, in our area we have both so the competition is great.
I am very cautious about smaller fuel outlets because of old fuel. Pilot's are almost always $.02 per gallon more than a J in the same area.
I have actually fueled at a Murphys with my one ton crew cab dually with my 33' fifth wheel,tight but can be accomplished.
Also if your on the net while traveling gasbuddy.com gives good info for most areas and they have Diesel prices listed.

Big Al
Branson MO
Retired Navy

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Me too!!! Most places don't even ask for ICC or DOT #'s

I haven't bought fuel at Speedway for a while but I would buy their discounted gift cards . When used at the truck pumps they didn't ask for a DOT number .
The Pilots at exit 175 off I-75 in KY used to have the lowest price fuel . Not last week . The Love's at exit 55 on I-71 was $.02 less per gallon .
Now on that actual price figuring in road tax . How does that work with fleet drivers buying fuel ? Do they sometimes pay a lower price at the expense of the owner paying higher tax ? Does anybody know how this works in Ontario ?