Did you know this, maybe not?

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Families of law enforcement worry every time they leave for work.
Hmmm, maybe the tide is shifting.

Attachments

• 1417987927958.jpg
    1417987927958.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 20

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In 2012, the most recent year for which numbers are available, 136 unarmed black men were shot and killed by law enforcement personnel.

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
It would be interesting to see how many armed black men vs armed white men the police killed.

Of course the police didn't kill any white men or even arrest any white men at the Bundy ranch standoff even though they were threatened police with deadly weapons.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
A little more than twice that number, 181.

Of the 136 and 181, how many was killed by white police officers.

The next question would be, how many people, excluding black people, was killed by law enforcement armed and unarmed, and then the numbers excluding white police officers.

Is a number published anywhere as to the number of police officers by ethnicity? I can't seem to find that stat.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The 181 number is actually 281. That's what typing left handed and copious amounts of prescription pain medication gets you. Sorry about that.

As for breaking it down into what color killed what color, as if there's something meaningful to be gained by that, I have no idea if such a thing is even tracked, nor do I care. It seems to me the issue is the number of blue people killing people who aren't.

Of the dead people, killed by the blue people, what number does it need to be before it hits the threshold of Too Many?

I've got a reeaally low number in mind.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
The 181 number is actually 281. That's what typing left handed and copious amounts of prescription pain medication gets you. Sorry about that.

As for breaking it down into what color killed what color, as if there's something meaningful to be gained by that, I have no idea if such a thing is even tracked, nor do I care. It seems to me the issue is the number of blue people killing people who aren't.

Of the dead people, killed by the blue people, what number does it need to be before it hits the threshold of Too Many?

I've got a reeaally low number in mind.

It's all about the numbers and ethnicity. But yet no one has said anything of the 108 "blue people" killed this year.
The media and politicians and lawyers are making this racial.
In reality, it should be about the individual not listening to a cop and owning up to their arrogance and stupidity. Right or wrong, at that moment in time when confronted, do as instructed. Deal with it later in court. Of course that is not news worthy.

How many "blue people" have to die before people realize cooperation first, protest later.