Diabetes Update

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On Tuesday the Doctor took me off insulin, in less than 90 days I got my diebetes under control,When I started insulin my A1C was 11 Tuesday it was a 5, total weight loss so far is 38 pounds, still have a little ways to go to get to the 200 pound goal, I'm walking a mile 2-3 times a week, on Monday 4-12-10 I'm starting with a courier service in Cleveland, Need to get my bank account built back up before I go buy another van.So the new plan is to run local for a year then back to the open road. Thanks for all the emails,PM'S of encouragement and support.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What did you change the most to achieve this great results?

As in what in your opinion has contributed the most to your success.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
On Tuesday the Doctor took me off insulin, in less than 90 days I got my diebetes under control,When I started insulin my A1C was 11 Tuesday it was a 5, total weight loss so far is 38 pounds, still have a little ways to go to get to the 200 pound goal, I'm walking a mile 2-3 times a week, on Monday 4-12-10 I'm starting with a courier service in Cleveland, Need to get my bank account built back up before I go buy another van.So the new plan is to run local for a year then back to the open road. Thanks for all the emails,PM'S of encouragement and support.

Glad to hear you got it all Under Control! How did you get your A1C Down so Far in Only 90 Days? Was it the Walking or what? Seems No Matter what I Do I Can't get Mine below a 7 :D

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Radical change in diet,1600 calories a day no more than 15 carbs a day, 0 sugar,portion control,once I got used to smaller portions I lost the always hungry feeling, no more coke or diet coke even, I read where drinking diet soda's just tricks the body, it's good for maintaining weight but not for losing weight and walking a mile 2-3 times a week.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Radical change in diet,1600 calories a day no more than 15 carbs a day, 0 sugar,portion control,once I got used to smaller portions I lost the always hungry feeling, no more coke or diet coke even, I read where drinking diet soda's just tricks the body, it's good for maintaining weight but not for losing weight and walking a mile 2-3 times a week.

You say 15 carbs..how do you come to that number..what are you using to find carb numbers to food groups?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I read label's and from web sites that list carb levels for food,and I have a book that list food items

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Congratulations on such good results and good luck on continued success with it. That's excellent results.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
That's great.

A suggestion, get some small bowls and take any large ones out of the cabinet and put them away. It is a psychology thing.