Detroit citizens welcomes professional truck drivers!

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
Semi Driver Says He Was Beaten after Fender Bender in Detroit

It's amazing! Their parents must be so proud of their kids! Just say NO to Detroit! Its the most corrupt city besides Washington. Did anyone tell these thugs to apply to the Detroit Police Dept? They might qualify. They responded to the scene twice, took action into their own hands, and dished out their own ignorant justice. Sounds familar? Except the thugs returned twice and the police never responded. Just excuses. Let's do away with this ignorance, carry a gun!

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
When times get tough, the thin veneer of civilization wears away, and savages are revealed.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Detroit is PROOF that all this 'feel good' excuse everything and throw money at it policies that Obama and Co. push, DON'T WORK!! It is PROOF that being a 'professional victim' insures that you will someday likely become one.

NO government, at any level, can insure the safety of every individual 100% of the time. It is your responsibility to insure your own safety. It always has been and always will be.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Or a sober reminder that Americas industrial might is a thing of the past.

Thuggery has nothing to do with industrial might or lack of it. This is the result of government taking over every aspect of people's lives. The more you do for people the less they do for themselves. Welfare causes despair. Being a 'kept person' kills the will to look for your own way to succeed. Hope dies as people learn to expect to have EVERYTHING handed to them. Anger grows as they learn that the government will never be able to give them everything that they want.

The ONLY answer is self-determination. People who forge their own way are happier and far less likely to get involved in anti-social activity. Waiting for a 'job' does not work. Look for your own solution. As to the lack of industrial might, that is a result of an oppressive government.

Government is not the answer to our problems, it is the cause of them.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Read the "Elves and the Shoemaker", that goes a long way pointing out the evil of the nanny state.

Crime is not caused by poverty. Crime is caused by a lack of hope and lost of pride. Both of those things are enhanced by our welfare system. Then add in that parents these days, assuming they are even married, are FAR more interested in careers and "things" than they are their kids. None of this is surprising. It is to be expected and will get worse unless we do a 180 in this country and return to a life of values and personal responsibility.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you are in poverty, would you not have a lack of hope and a sense of lost pride?

Nope. When I was in that position I was full of determination. Same when my grandparents were during the depression. They did it on their own. So did I. When cared for people quit. They lack purpose, THAT is what leads to the loss of pride and hope.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Detroit is PROOF that all this 'feel good' excuse everything and throw money at it policies that Obama and Co. push, DON'T WORK!! It is PROOF that being a 'professional victim' insures that you will someday likely become one.

NO government, at any level, can insure the safety of every individual 100% of the time. It is your responsibility to insure your own safety. It always has been and always will be.

True. Sure wish the government would decriminalize self defense.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
True. Sure wish the government would decriminalize self defense.

You cannot be able to defend yourself and still be a 'professional victim'. The government, at all levels, WANT people to be helpless, helpless people can be controlled.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Nope. When I was in that position I was full of determination.

Commendable. Although, I don't think you are or were the exception to the rule with that kind of mindset. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think, especially in our current situation, that most choose to be impoverished.

You say you were in that position. May I ask the circumstances in which you say you were in a state of poverty?

Same when my grandparents were during the depression. They did it on their own. So did I.

A lot of the benefits that the Social Safety Net provides are a result of the Great Depression. How sure are you that your Grandparents wouldn't have accepted help from some of the services provided today if they were available then?

When you were in the state of poverty you didn't receive any unemployment benefits, public assistance such as food stamps, medicaid or any type of welfare from the state or Federal Government?

When cared for people quit. They lack purpose, THAT is what leads to the loss of pride and hope.

I agree, there will be a percentage of people that will fit in that category that you described above, but I just don't see it being as large as you do.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I got out of the army in 1973. Detroit was a ghost town then. As bad as it is now. I worked several 'junk jobs' just to provide for my wife.

Then we got the news that my wife was pregnant with our first son. I got laid off from Great Lakes Steel on the same day. No job, no health insurance. I worked at gas stations, for the neighbor, hunted and fished for food. Grew some and picked some on farms where I hunted. I played music, weddings etc. ANYTHING to keep us fed, housed and clothed. That is what a man does.

Then I took the job with the 'Agency'. No food stamps, no welfare. Paid my own health insurance, never lost my car and we always had a roof over our heads.

I was taught that God does not give a person a challenge that he cannot handle. I believed that and REALLY did not want to tick God off by ducking the opportunities he gave me to excel.

My grandparents did not NEED the 'public assistance' we have now. They grew their own food. Scrubbed floors, engraved invitations, beat rugs, to EARN their way through life. I had GOOD teachers.