Desiel fuel Conditioner

GaTrucker05

Birthday Expediter
It's My Birthday!!!
Owner/Operator
Whats the best fuel conditioner for a 2006 Ford 6.0 ? Is Howes ok I use it in my semi.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Howes should work fine. For water dispersion, both Howes and Power Service work well, they just do it in different ways. Howes' method is arguably better, but you won't go wrong with either. For anti gel both work equally well. For keeping injectors clean, Howes Meaner Cleaner works better than anything out there. And for cetane boost Power Service wins.

I'm in a Sprinter so I need the cetane boost thanks to this crappy American 44 diesel, so I use Power Service, along with a dollop of Meaner Cleaner to keep things clean.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A dollop? I'm picturing you using a tablespoon to add it in. Just please DO NOT stir your coffee with the same spoon! :p

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Whats the best fuel conditioner for a 2006 Ford 6.0 ? Is Howes ok I use it in my semi.

You can also go to www.bobistheoilguy.com- Bob is the Oil Guy - Bob is the Oil Gu and there are many categories on additives. Just ask your question there, here is a forum to look at----

Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel (37 viewing)
Discussions about Fuels and Fuel Additives.
2630 41064
Re: Diesel additive packag...

Lots to look at in the above site.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A dollop? I'm picturing you using a tablespoon to add it in. Just please DO NOT stir your coffee with the same spoon! :p
Lol naaa. Just a couple of ounces. I just eyeball it. Power Service, glug-glug. Meaner, splash.

techaholic

Rookie Expediter
In my experience Howes is best for super cold months and Diesel Kleen silver jug for summer. I like it cause it has cetane boost Howes doesn't. Do your homework on cetane it's lower rating in US diesel and higher in Europe. They are smarter obviously

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
My only additive I have ever used in 669069 miles in my Sprinter is Bio-Diesel. Nothing else ever. I have a bottle of power service with me to use in super low temps, but so far I haven't had the need.

So, in my book, additives are a waste of money, but if it makes you feel better, use them. YMMV.