Delurking newbie

texx010

Expert Expediter
Researching
Hello everyone. I have been lurking in these forums on and off for a few months now. I am considering entering expediting, the operative word being "considering." I still have very much to learn about this business, and I am in no hurry. I have a full time job now where I make local deliveries and pickups as well as work in the shipping department. I have learned quite a bit already, but I still have many questions. And as massive as this board is, with posts going years back I have barely scratched the surface. I live in the Louisville, KY area.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to the open world! Spend some time reading old posts in the Newbie section. Ask away, we may laugh and have fun with you but we will always help out!

texx010

Expert Expediter
Researching
After I posted here earlier I hopped in my car and drove to the area near the M.A.T.S. show where other expediters were gathered. This gathering was discussed in a couple of other threads. I met a few of you there, and I had some other questions answered. It helped that I live only ten minutes away from the KFEC where the show is taking place. Those of you who I met seem like a great group of people. :)

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Hello everyone. I have been lurking in these forums on and off for a few months now. I am considering entering expediting, the operative word being "considering." I still have very much to learn about this business, and I am in no hurry. I have a full time job now where I make local deliveries and pickups as well as work in the shipping department. I have learned quite a bit already, but I still have many questions. And as massive as this board is, with posts going years back I have barely scratched the surface. I live in the Louisville, KY area.

Welcome bro. Im a freshy too here. This site is more so being able to cheat starting in the industry. Great people here Lawrence who is the boss man here is a great guy. As is 98% of people on here ask questions. And more n more n dont pay attention to the 2% . I still ask questions on a daily bases . Welcome to the family and hope you decide to hop on board in the bad butts of the shipping world. And you can feel free to pm me with any questions you may have. Im not saying i know the answers to them but i sure know people who can help. Enjoy your stay and remember expeditors for congress and # workvanswag all day lol :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Meeting expediters is a GREAT way to learn about this business. There were a ton of them at M.A.T.S. and even more at the Expo in July.

Don't be afraid to just go to truck stops and talk with them. Few expediters would ever turn down a free cup of coffee and most are more than willing to help out a newbie.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
Meeting expediters is a GREAT way to learn about this business. There were a ton of them at M.A.T.S. and even more at the Expo in July.

Don't be afraid to just go to truck stops and talk with them. Few expediters would ever turn down a free cup of coffee and most are more than willing to help out a newbie.

Just make sure when you do this not to ask a question and then argue with the person who answered it. I had a guy in Houston approach me asking questions. I answered him truthfully and with years of experience behind me. Needless to say the conversation ended with my asking him a question. "If you know it all already why did you ask me"?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just make sure when you do this not to ask a question and then argue with the person who answered it. I had a guy in Houston approach me asking questions. I answered him truthfully and with years of experience behind me. Needless to say the conversation ended with my asking him a question. "If you know it all already why did you ask me"?

Don't you just LOVE IT when that happens?

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
After I posted here earlier I hopped in my car and drove to the area near the M.A.T.S. show where other expediters were gathered. This gathering was discussed in a couple of other threads. I met a few of you there, and I had some other questions answered. It helped that I live only ten minutes away from the KFEC where the show is taking place. Those of you who I met seem like a great group of people. :)
It was great to meet you, Greg. As you have heard, the more questions you ask before jumping, the softer your landing. ;)