Delorme and Earthmate GPS

Trucker Matt

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey, I just bought Delorme Street Atlas and the Earthmate GPS package the other day. What a find! You can zoom in as you are approaching the shipper or receiver and see exactly where you are in relation to things. Very Cool. It even labels a lot of the businesses on your route.
I realize this is probably old hat to some of you, but I am amazed. I wish I would have bought it sooner.

Trucker Matt

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Lawrence,
The package cost about $160 at Best Buy with tax. The GPS operates on batteries, to get a power adapter to run off the laptop or 12volt, you have to order from their website. The GPS is about the size of a radar detector, you just toss it up on the dash.
I haven't the slightest idea how much ram it uses. Doesn't seem to slow this computer down much, though.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
also if you go to there web site and order or get on there mailing list they have sales that are petty good and get it for 149.00 . also they have updates to soft ware, it's one of the
best

Ridgerunner

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I've had one for several months and I concur. I rigged up my own power cord, before I found out they sold them seperately. It only lasts about 4 hrs on AAA's.

Ridgerunner

"Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee." Rev ch. 3 verse 9.

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."
Jesus' words in Luke ch. 19 v. 27

psycho

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
i have used the earthmate program for 1 year and i love it, it's
an expeditors dream, mounting suggestion for your computer:
Go to your local PJ's (Canton OH, or Detroit MI.} where they install quallcom units, They sell an adjustable floor mounted pedestal designed for q/c, get one of the old style q/c cradles
and modify it w/ coping saw or dremmel tool to fit your laptop,
(cut out ridges on inner sides of cradle, and cut holes in sides for floppy and cd drives) this works great w/ my compaq presario,
also, if you don't already have it, get the AAA map&go program, it works great with gps system, plus it covers canada and mexico,unlike street atlas usa. hope i have been a help and hope
you enjoy these incredible "James Bond" like programs!! HAPPY TRUCKING...psycho