Delay in Getting Started

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
Well, we were scheduled to leave in the morning (Wed, 1/19) to drive to Ohio and pick up our truck on Friday so that we could go to orientation at FedEx on Monday. Were, that is, until I got a call from my dealer yesterday telling me that there was no way the truck was going to be ready on Friday. He hemhawed a bit about maybe Saturday, but when pushed to be specific he allowed as how sometime Tuesday was most likely. SO...we've put off leaving for a week, and will pick up the truck on the 28th instead of the 21st, and go to orientation on the 31st instead of the 24th. This will cost us a week of income, but we'll be okay on that. We've got enough reserves to handle a slightly longer transition than originally planned. Hmm, come to think of it, the original plan was to have had me starting orientation on the 19th. Oh, well...we'll get there sooner or later. The upside of the delay, as we figure it, is that we're starting one week closer to spring and (more importantly) the end of winter. Just spent a chunk of change on cold weather gear that those of us in Florida don't routinely have waiting in our closets.

Attached is a pic of our truck as it was in the shop being prepped last week.

Doug

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's a really nice looking truck. What are they doing that caused the delay? Good luck to you.

Leo
truck 767

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
I requested the shore power option on the ProHeat generator, and there was a delay in getting it delivered from Canada to install. Now the truck is getting the Carrier unit data system calibrated and tested, a process that takes approximately 40 hours (4 ten hour days). After that, final detail work, oil and fluid changes, etc., with installation of the XM radio, and it should be done. They are estimating sometime Tuesday the 25th, but I'm allowing some extra time just in case.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Looks nice! Too bad about the delay, but hopefully it's all worth it.

Best of luck!

Dreamer