Defending Liberty over There

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Robsdad,
You know I agree with some of what you are getting at but you got to understand what really is going on.

we can't just cut off the supply, it will kill us. That's a fact. We have to first solve the problems we have right now, which is prop up the dollar. No one seems to get that if we don't, oil will be the least of our internal problems - everything rides on the dollar. Technology will not catch up fast enough, we stopped being a country of innovators and now a country that is punishing success.

The other thing is you are blaming the president for all of this but you know there is something neither of us know - what he and senior senators read and know about. Many are quick to blame or even say things were made up but got to tell you, unless you worked at the state department or the UN, don't fall for the BS that many are throwing out, including the press. International politics is complex enough and the president followed the constitution and the congress gave the approval.

Oh and Hillary is just as much as a hawk as McCain, Obama is a sell out and he would pull out the troops the second he can and create a vacuum that will come back and bite us on our a** quickly.

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
Greg:
Lets break this down. Politics, I know little about. I will admit I know all I need to know, very little. Dad always told me, "If you hang around the toilet long enough you will start smelling like it". Who investigated this and who read that and who voted for it. Hogwash!
I am however very familiar with the real world. You know the one that pays taxes and provides for the wasteful spending of the above.
Scenario
I am the manager of a maintenance group. The engineers, project managers and area superintendents have come to me with what they deem may become a high dollar equipment failure. At that point it is up to me to choose the members of that team that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt have the companies best interest in mind. I have now narrowed my information base to say 4 individuals that I think will shoot straight and not from the hip. They gather all the information and we determine that the risk is there but there is also a chance we could be wrong. It then falls into my hands to make the decision. The cost to repair this item is in excess of 1 million dollars. The lost production cost are $30k per hour. It will take approximately 28 days to make these repairs. I take days to make this decision, at that time I choose to repair the item. When we get inside the equipment we find out the information was incorrect and the problem was a seized bearing that could have been replace in one shift. I have spent a huge amount of money, man hours and downtime.
Who's fault is it? In the real world, chit rolls downhill. Guess who is at the top of the hill? I will get the blunt end and it will be in my HR report for as long as I choose to stay at the company if I am that fortunate. The ones below me may very well feel the wrath bestowed upon them, but the blame falls squarely on me.
George W. Bush, GUILTY AS CHARGED

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Today the world listen's to HILDERBEAST LIE's about Bosnia 1996.. The coverup protectionism of the Liberal press finally as been divided..Now the world's spoon fed KOOLAID drinker's must feel EMBARRASSED?INSULTED?NAIVE?PROPAGANDAlIZED! TOTAL KOAS!!

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
hdxpedx: Now dat rite dare is funny. I don't care who you are.

You have topped my list of true "FAR RIGHT WINGERS"
That is too funny. ROTFLMAO:D