DEF Parts Diagram

Delmolino

Seasoned Expediter
Hi, my mechanic is an older diesel engine mechanic and isn't too familiar with the newer Hino trucks and I currently have a 2008, 2011, and 2016 Hino 338. I currently just had a few codes(P204F and P20E8) that came up and after reading through some of the forums I found the answers I needed my mechanic is just not familiar with these new DEF systems. I was curious if there was a printout diagram for the DEF system to point him in the right direction(these codes came up on the 2011 Hino 338). I am trying to do more preventative maintenance on the trucks to avoid having to lose the truck for weeks at the dealer. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
There is no printout. Everything is in electronic format. The dealership in your area accesses this information online. I suppose they could print you off pictures of the diagrams, but the diagrams do not have names or part numbers on them. Clicking the picture opens a link with part descriptions and numbers.

No dealership for any brand of car or truck or whatever wants to give away part numbers, as that makes it waaaay too easy for you to hop online and shop around.

If you're planning on doing the majority of the repairs at your location, a copy of the service manuals will be extremely useful.

An old school mechanic may have a hard time with the diagnostic portion of repair. Troubleshooting on a modern Hino without the diagnostic software will be a nearly fruitless exercise in futility, especially with the aftertreatment system. Like that P20E8 can be fixed easily enough, but it may still be stuck in limp mode until certain things are reset with the diagnostic software.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app