def blue tech for sprinters

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
def blue tech for sprinter if dash light comes on you have 25 times to start and stop engine before it will not start and have to add fluid to tank
if you leave engine running you don't add to it but if you do shut it off won't start until you do
i carry some with me in case lite comes on
also need rubber gloves to add liquid to tank face mask
because it is a acid

aileron

Expert Expediter
I wouldn't carry any with me. Just wasted space, since all truck stops carry it. I've even seen it at walmart.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do I need to wear protective clothing when filling up the DEF tank?

No. If you do spill any DEF on your clothing, simply rinse it off with water or wipe it away.

What should I do if a spill DEF?

If you spill a small amount of DEF, it can be washed away with water or wiped up. If you leave it to dry it will turn into white crystals. These can be washed away with water. If you spill a large amount of DEF then contact your DEF supplier for advice. Remember that urea is widely used as a fertilizer so small amounts of DEF can be disposed of by diluting with water and spraying on your lawn or garden.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
the reason i carry it there are no truckstops that are close by where i run

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can go well over 5000 miles without adding any. I would think a person would pass by a truck stop that caries it in that time space.

Scottrucks

Seasoned Expediter
Check out the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for this product... It will list what protective equipment(if any) you
shall wear to use it safely and also list any related hazards
with the product etc...

Sorry but I thought most of you guys were certified to haul Hazmat loads...sorry, but I am just sayin'???:eek:

Godwindaniel

Seasoned Expediter
Bluetec means you can increase compression ratio back to what it used to be. This creates extra NOX, but that is after-treated. More power, better economy :)

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I carry 3, 2.5 gallon containers purchased at T/A (T/A containers have a small "relief" valve which makes it easier to fill the van). I fill the containers at the Pilot bulk tanks at $2.79 per gallon. I usually put in 2.5 gallons every 2500 to 3000 miles.

If I spill DEF, I just laugh at my clumsiness. It's just cow pee, for crying out loud. Urea. It's a great fertilizer for your garden. When it spills inside my van or on the front of the van, I just rinse it with plain water.

Don't make such a big deal about it.