Dedicated to Jeff Gordon.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
We just got the NASCAR hot pass for our Direct tv this season,it's pretty cool listening to the drivers interact with their crews during a race.One thing I found out was little E gets very intense (and profane)when the end of the race is near and he's in the hunt.DD.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am sure I will get a lot of flack over this but I think NASCAR is the most rigged so called sporting event going. The same 5-6 win every week,crashes always happen near the end of the race to keep the interest going for the following week. Every so often there is a staged fist fight and it goes on. Dale Earnhart Jr is given every possible break in the book because of his Father etc.

Last edited:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Yeah I tend to agree with you Rich.Sports Illustrated did a story on this very topic a couple of years ago,about how Bill France called all the shots on the outcome of races.
In the pits among the drivers and crews it was called "the call".And it sure seems to have validity when you concider the Richard Petty 200th win and Dale Earnhardt's Daytona 500 win.DD.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I pulled into a Flying J and caught the last 30 laps on TV . Gordon's wreck was partly caused by Dale Jr. backing up traffic by spinning his tires when they got the green flag for a restart . You could hear the engine over revving when they played his in car camera .

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I don't think Bill France senior or Junior actually fixed a race, but there is no doubt in my mind there were Drivers & owners who received favorable treatment (as in ignoring infractions) for those they favored. Not only Drivers but Manufactures also.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
People are always going to have something to say about Dale Jr. It wouldn't matter how good he did people would say "Oh he was allowed to win because of his dad". Yeah right. Those guys are very competitive. Those races , IMO , are no more fixed than any NFL game. There are to many factors that come in to play. What if the choosen one breaks down or has a wreck? There is no way to predict that. Plus as much as those cars cost I doubt anyone is out there wrecking on purpose. The last I heard 1 tire cost $1,600.00. When the commentators said that they also said would cost someone at 7 million just to field a car. That's of your own money, plus what ever sponsors might pitch in. They aren't throwing that money away for nothing.

If they were going to try to get someone to wreck on purpose it would be Juan Pablo Montoya way before it would be Jeff Gordon. JMO.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
When the commentators said that they also said would cost someone at 7 million just to field a car. That's of your own money, plus what ever sponsors might pitch in. They aren't throwing that money away for nothing.

ark,NASCAR is a huge business,and yes it it VERY expensive.I don't think any of these car owners are putting too much of their own money into this,if it weren't for the large amounts of cash from the corporate sponsers they wouldn't be out there. (unless you have the kind of cash that Roger Penske has,JMO)DD.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
In life, we have choices. Nascar or wrestling, if you don't like it, there is a knob on your box that can change it.