Dedicated Route

Airops

Seasoned Expediter
Any one know a place to get a dedicated route or courier route for a ST. Looking at buying vehicle and want to talk to someone about what kind of routes are available and usually what is pay on the routes, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good luck profiting on dedicated. In TT you find lots of owners willing to work for nothing doing dedicated, scheduled runs. Customers with freight fitting that bill shop it. Seems like lots of owners want a predictable schedule, easy routine. I would imagine it's no different with ST's. It will get bid down, down, down.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk 2

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm doing a dedicated run in a cargo van, have been for 2 Years got 1 more before the contract is up. Then time to negotiate

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Any one know a place to get a dedicated route or courier route for a ST. Looking at buying vehicle and want to talk to someone about what kind of routes are available and usually what is pay on the routes, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Many drivers' would love a dedicated route. The predicability would allow for planning etc., etc. etc. The downside to that - like others have noted is that the compensation for those routes are at typically rock bottom rates. You pay for the luxury of knowing where and when you'll be hauling freight. Something to consider. Everyone has their own goals and circumstance. What's yours?

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Your best bet is to try to develop a lane where you have multiple customers to pull freight for on both ends. That's what I do. I've got my Memphis customers and my Ohio customers. It works for me, and I'm doing good. I keep a load on my back and I keep rolling. I don't haul at discount rates either.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
If you want to stay local and be home every night! Check out local courier companies in your area. They run a lot of route work.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My sister left FDCC to go to Fedex Supply Chain.
She loads Mon am, does a two day trip, back empty.
Reloads near home and does a two or three day trip. Sometimes home Thur, usually Fri.
Runs days , sleeps nights. Weekends off. Relatively steady income.
They have few openings but generally advertise here under business opportunities. They were looking for people for their trucks in Frt Worth, Tx, Reno, Nv, and Delaware.
Do not know if those positions filled. .

Sister, hard runner, TVal, good truck,Purple Promise Winner.
I believe her numbers are up because she works fifty weeks every year. Also, enjoys running solo and knowing the stops.

My brother-in-law runs a straight at Fedex Ground. M-F, no weekends or holidays.
Straights are rare, schedule the same . Works 08:00 to 17:30 with 2 hr lunch.
He makes enough money that I offered to buy his route. When he leaves his route will be worth about $60,000 plus the value of his truck.

Last edited: