December@Load1

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just found out today about the lions coach getting canned after the thanksgiving day debacle. Funny, it seemed like just a typical thanksgiving game to me IMG_6361.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Long over due! Patricia and Quinn the GM out finally.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: RoadTime

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dear fellow Load One drivers,
If you are bringing a load to the yard that is going to Canada, be nice, and send the customs paperwork to dispatch when you pick it up. It's easy, you can do it from the app, or email it ([email protected]). No need to find a fax. John has made both ways super easy to do. When you don't do this, the freight gets delayed, often by several hours but always 2 hrs at least. Not your problem you say? It is when we don't deliver on time because of it....that's poor customer service....affects us all. Most of the Canada freight is associated with big US accounts that have lots of US to US freight, why tick them off?

Thanks.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Waiting to load....
5 for 5 this week.

How to make a good week, great. At least for me, get me a load going to my favorite place to visit...Frankfort Michigan.

It’s not a great place for most, but it is a “special” place for me. So any chance I get close enough I do some sight seeing.

I wish this would of happened a month or 2 ago when the leaves were turning, but I’ll take what I can get. With the weather, and being on Lake Michigan, I never know what I will see. I should arrive before Sunset. I’ll camp out for a full Saturday of sight seeing.

I think I just gave me a huge jinx

IMG_6417.jpgIMG_6419.jpgIMG_6420.jpg

Reactions: Turtle

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That sux. I hate losing the ones to places I want to go personally more than losing the big money ones most times. Nice pics though!

PS, 6hrs late to del, wanna guess how happy they were?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you were heading west (ish) then a right turn would not be false advertising (ish). Kinda like the distance signs in northern OH on 75 telling you how far away Tampa is......true but relevant?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gotta admit, last week was a positive surprise for me. Not used to seeing numbers like this in December.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It’s official. Last week was a new record!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Glad to see we are keeping pace with what continues to be a historically huge supply/demand side index favoring the carrier

In other news...Last week I had my stinkiest load ever. Picked up something from a stamping company and man did it stink

I ended up having to ride with the windows open and heat on high just to tolerate it and stay semi warm.

The smell got into everything. After a lot of airing out and air fresheners, 4 days later I can still smell it

What ever it was I hope I never pick it up again

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
To myself, I guess. 3 years ago my computer died and I needed a replacement, like right now. And I got it with the money I had on hand, which wasn't much. It was cheap and slow, and just got slower. So I used a combination of coupon code and Black Friday deals to snag a $2800 business ThinkPad T Series for 66% off. A 1TB SSD and 32GB RAM and an i7 CPU. It's zippy.

Last edited: