December in Load 1 Nation

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, the Detroit Zoo is certainly all lit up and festive. Pretty awesome.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
They do a huge Christmas light display there. Supposed to be really great.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I didn't go in and take the tour, I just drove by it. Definitely worth driving by. The traffic waiting to get into the place was just nuts. Looked like about a 30 minute wait to get in. I'm parked less than a mile away, in preparation for an early AM pickup.

I looked it up...Remaining days are: 5:30 to 9:00 PM, December 4-6, 11-13, 18-23, 26-31

Tickets are now on sale for $9 per person in advance, or $11 at the gate. Children under 2 are admitted free. Parking is $6 per car. Wild Lights is a rain, snow-or-shine event, and often sells out. Advance ticket purchase is recommended.

It's in the running for the USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards.

It features five million LED lights illuminating buildings, trees and more than 100 animal sculptures along a path through the front half of the Detroit Zoo. The event also includes the Polar Plunge snow slide, ice sculptures, carousel rides, live entertainment, arts and crafts, a life-sized gingerbread house, photos with Santa Claus (through Dec. 23) and the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition.

Wild-Lights-Entrance-bd20d6a3.jpeg

Reactions: cheri1122

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning gang. Busy day yesterday! Hope everyone is doing well. Another weekend of travel for me.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Jelliott on his way to Maine for Sunday morning WAA convoy to Arlington kickoff !!!!!!!!!!!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
And nothing better than landing in Maine and losing a crown. Great timing.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Watched the live feed till Belfast, ME then wrapped and did the " some assembly required thing " for the grandkids Christmas presents. In case everyone doesnt know there is a live feed of the convoy to Arlington available at
www. oakhurstdairy.com

Reactions: Turtle

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got a load from Russell Fri. At first I was a little bummed about the load, but took it anyway and im glad I did. Got to the shipper and the load wasn't bad at all and it put me near a location that I was needing to go. Just another lesson learned that sometimes it might not be as bad as you think. Thanks Russell!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
And another day and one of two flights for today done! Interesting one for sure had a medical emergency on board. Gentleman behind me appears to have had a stroke. Ugghhh.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
And good morning from Detroit! Busy day yesterday and hoping for more of the same today!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
And good morning from Detroit! Busy day yesterday and hoping for more of the same today!