December freight & fun

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Monday......Sterling Heights to Greensburg , In . Today ....pick up shortly in Seymour , In going to Washington Twp, MI . Only 10 miles from the house . Would you call it a week or hope for two more ?

Sending you a Tn load. Basically admited they had no way to get me out. I can't afford to sit there until 2017. Go get it :D

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've done it 3 times got tired of sittin as there is little there and deadhead isn't my cup of tea for a crappy rate load

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I agree completely .......The unload process is usually quick and painless but have yet to get anything out of there relatively close the past three loads there .

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Monday......Sterling Heights to Greensburg , In . Today ....pick up shortly in Seymour , In going to Washington Twp, MI . Only 10 miles from the house . Would you call it a week or hope for two more ?

Sending you a Tn load. Basically admited they had no way to get me out. I can't afford to sit there until 2017. Go get it :D
No thanks my friend . I just completed a nightmare of a load and just parked my Truck after a LONG evening and Night . Then they immediately call and ask if I'll be available Thursday and Friday . UMMMM NOO !

Reactions: Slo-Ride

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Yes sir, hopes are high, got a building ready to go just need that piece of paper to hang on the wall

Undisputed King of Short Runs

The space my shop is in in Wadsworth has real cheap space free heat and electric and is cheap I pay for 10,000 sq ft 1100 month it's right off 76 in Wadsworth if you interested , you can get a few hundred ft for very little a month and it has overnight security guard too sprinklers Also very private

Reactions: brokcanadian

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The space my shop is in in Wadsworth has real cheap space free heat and electric and is cheap I pay for 10,000 sq ft 1100 month it's right off 76 in Wadsworth if you interested , you can get a few hundred ft for very little a month and it has overnight security guard too sprinklers Also very private

Little to late, we bought in SugarCreek down a little dirt road and spent a small fortune in getting it built out and set up.
But thanks for the offer!

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy Hour pays off going to Bowling Green Kentucky

Update: another load that grew to much... lousy shippers!

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I started heading towards Birmingham, got about 70 miles out when dispatch called and said they had a run to Campaign,IL... I didn't really want it so I put in a pretty hefty amount, guess I'm going to Illinois.

Gotta get it when you can!

Reactions: Perioodic

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was a busy 3 shorty day to gross a long one
As much as I dislike short runs, It was a very enjoyable day. Until I got a great load heading south. I guess it paid too much, it cancelled 5 mins later

Now settled in somewhere about 30 miles SW of Indy at a Walmart.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got a look at what Ken is getting JuJu for Christmas. A gold plated, diamond studded iPhone with picture of POTUS Trump engraved on it. A bargain at $150,000.00. Which is nothing for OVM.

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

He paid for it with his penny picking at Walmart parking lots!

actually I brought the Walmart piggy bank in from truck...haven't got around to counting it yet...
Last year it yielded .. $31.63...not too shabby....