December at Load 1

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Everything is back up and running. Just looked at the App and we were busy today! I did a shorty today and once I got unloaded I DH to a place I knew to go to even if I didn't have the info I needed. Well once I got to the destination I realized and thought, I could do a 19. I haven't do one of those in a long time. It gave me the info I needed and my guess was right. Up for a few more minutes and then time for bed.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yes been a busy week so far even with system issues. But all is good and working again. As for me....another day another ️. Take off time for Chattanooga.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
For a busy week I've been sitting a lot.
DH to Atlanta area Monday night and I'm still sitting here 45 hours later. I've had a few offers but none booked. Did Atlanta dry up suddenly?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: RoadTime

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Yes been a busy week so far even with system issues. But all is good and working again. As for me....another day another ️. Take off time for Chattanooga.

Hey your in my neck of the woods! Too bad I wasn't in town you could buy me dinner and I promise I would go easy on the wallet, LOL.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got the freight off this morning showered and bed. I also got two load offers today which were good but didn't get them. I got one load offer going to a bad weather area and said no. I know I'm sad too. Time to look at my options and see what I need to do.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I must be the king of bad luck this week.
No load on Monday or Tuesday. 200 mile load on Wednesday. No load on Thursday. (I turned down a few that I felt weren't good for me) But Friday I got a load delivering 15 miles from my house. Got to the pick up and was told the freight left two hours earlier on another carriers truck.
This is now officially my worst week in 11 years.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Has anyone else noticed the shippers or receivers treating us worse than normal?
I've run into a few lately that seem to think drivers are the lowest and dumbest of life forms. I'm getting fed up with being ordered around like a basic trainee or talked to like I don't understand English.
Common courtesy and manners seem to be forgotten.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No load on Monday or Tuesday. 200 mile load on Wednesday. No load on Thursday. (I turned down a few that I felt weren't good for me) But Friday I got a load delivering 15 miles from my house. Got to the pick up and was told the freight left two hours earlier on another carriers truck.

That is definitely a sucky week, with a extra slap in the face on Friday

I was having such a good week, I thought, screw my doctors appointment, I'm going to Texas at a less then great rate

I'm sure I'll get a much better rate coming out

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Has anyone else noticed the shippers or receivers treating us worse than normal?
I've run into a few lately that seem to think drivers are the lowest and dumbest of life forms. I'm getting fed up with being ordered around like a basic trainee or talked to like I don't understand English.
Common courtesy and manners seem to be forgotten.

I haven't been treated different or bad at shippers and consignee's. I think alot of them are getting tired of drivers thinking that they can order them around and tell them what to do. Also drivers don't look and dress professional and some to most don't smell good cause they don't shower. Every driver should bring there best when walking into a shipper and or consignee. Now I know that Str8 and T/T drivers do have somewhat a hard time taking showers ect, but at least make a effort. You are representing the company that your contracted with. Just my thoughts and 2 cents.

Last edited:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

Hate to hear that. Hope things start turning around for you

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I don't think my personal hygiene was the problem as I had showered and shaved about 2 hours before arriving for a pick up.
I was also wearing clean clothes including a safety vest and hard soled shoes.
The problem arose after I parked, went inside and politely explained who I drove for and what I was to pick up including the name of the consignee.
I was practically screamed at because I hadn't backed into a dock before coming in. (I foolishly thought the shipper might wish to assign me a dock of there choice.)
Afterwards I was talked to as if I was an idiot that couldn't speak English. And I had to ask the forklift driver multiple times to please lift the freight up an inch or two and not slide metal containers on my floor. He made me pay for this by disappearing for a half hour before bringing the final crate. Everyone working in this building had a bad attitude and chip on there shoulder towards drivers.
I haven't been treated different or bad at shippers and consignee's. I think alot of them are getting tired of drivers thinking that they can order them around and tell them what to do. Also drivers don't look and dress professional and some to most don't smell good cause they don't shower. Every driver should bring there best when walking into a shipper and or consignee. Now I know that Str8 and T/T drivers do have somewhat a hard time taking showers ect, but at least make a effort. You are representing the company that your contracted with. Just my thoughts and 2 cents.