Death by DeSantis

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Biden also likes this idea, and is proposing a federal gas tax "holiday" of $.18/gal for three months. Will this also go into the pockets of "greedy oil company executives"?
Yep just as dumb, they say that it wont end up as extra profit, but It will. When the announce the date of the "tax holiday" you will see the price rise in the weeks before it takes effect and when it drops the day it takes effect people will think they are catching a break, in reality they are getting screwed because there will be less money to maintain the roads. The oil company executive will be laughing all the way to the bank....

The concentration of wealth continues....

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter

ATeam

Retired Expediter
There is much more to fuel prices than what a president or governor does. Major influences today include the Russia/Ukraine war, which disrupted the global marketplace, and the refinery shortage in the US. There are five fewer refineries in the US today than there was before COVID and none of them show signs of reopening. Even if they wanted to reopen, it would take months and great expense to bring them back online.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
There is much more to fuel prices than what a president or governor does. Major influences today include the Russia/Ukraine war, which disrupted the global marketplace, and the refinery shortage in the US. There are five fewer refineries in the US today than there was before COVID and none of them show signs of reopening. Even if they wanted to reopen, it would take months and great expense to bring them back online.
The oil companies have made record breaking profits......under Biden because of his policies.....and the Ukraine war was not the reason our fuel prices went up.....
Now covid lock downs.....yup main reason refinery's were shut down.

Reactions: muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

In the Biden thread I posted the list of refineries and what happened with each. 3 of them have actually decided to convert to diesel alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There's no way to predict how the political winds will blow during the next two years, but odds are very high that we'll have DeSantis running against somebody like Kamala Harris, Mayor Pete or some other radical leftist. Considering Democrats' record the past two years, who gets your vote?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Must be a trumpian thing when people who don’t live in Florida say that desantis is the best governor ever.

You can have him…

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

• Haha
Reactions: muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And Florida is run a lot better than many Democrat run states.
I guess it depends on what you mean by better run, for who the people in charge or the residents? If you lose your job in Florida, unemployment insurance will only give you 275 a week for 12 weeks and make it so hard to get that most people give up. If you are a family with young children who do qualify for federal SNAP benefits, good luck getting them as there are also so many hoops you have to jump through to get them that most go without. And Medicaid, since they did not expand it under the health care act, the income limits are so low that anyone who works a low wage job that does not include health care will still make too much money to get it.

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
FL seems to be better managed for its residents, considering the state's unemployment rate is 3% as of May 2022. The Jacksonville area's rate is 2.3%. The cost of living is reasonable, and there's no state income tax. Maybe that's why so many people want to go there to retire.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
FL seems to be better managed for its residents, considering the state's unemployment rate is 3% as of May 2022. The Jacksonville area's rate is 2.3%. The cost of living is reasonable, and there's no state income tax. Maybe that's why so many people want to go there to retire.
I dont know if I would believe those unemployment rates, the fact that there are not many people collecting unemployment checks does not mean there are not people who are unemployed. As for the cost of living, here in south Florida where I live, a plain 1 bedroom apartment is at least 1500 and up to 2500 a month.

No state income tax is nice, but the lack of city tax is an even bigger thing to me, when I was in Ohio I hated that you not only pay tax where you work, but also where you live and depending on the cities, you might have to file in both!!!

When I moved to Florida it was strictly for the weather, I didnt even know about the lack of income tax, but I would rather pay state income taxes then deal with a state government that does nothing for its residents.

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00