daytona 500

Freightdawg

Expert Expediter
This should be a make or break season for Jr. Hendrick has now done "almost" everthing he can do for Jr. This season he is running Jeff Gordan's car and crew chief and crew out of Gordan's shop. Chad will be overseeing this. The only thing Hendrick hasn't done for Jr is giving him all of Jimmie Johnson's stuff. Eventually, people will realise that it wasn't the car, wasn't the crew chief, and wasn't the team, it was the driver! :eek: Of course the JR nation will be the last to see this!

simdog20

Seasoned Expediter
gordon was not haven all that great of success here lately either. changeups can be good for both teams. johnson cant carry the load all the time somebody has to step back up.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
This should be a make or break season for Jr. Hendrick has now done "almost" everthing he can do for Jr. This season he is running Jeff Gordan's car and crew chief and crew out of Gordan's shop. Chad will be overseeing this. The only thing Hendrick hasn't done for Jr is giving him all of Jimmie Johnson's stuff. Eventually, people will realise that it wasn't the car, wasn't the crew chief, and wasn't the team, it was the driver! :eek: Of course the JR nation will be the last to see this!

That's a true statement. You got to really want to win to win in Nascar.
I just don't think Jr. has the heart, and that's a shame. :cool:

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
If the way the Bud Shoot-out went is an indication of how the 500 is run, which is usually is, with the 2x2 racing all night this could come down to one of the most boring 500's in history!!!

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Read today that they've reduced the resistor plate by 1/16"......that should help do away with the 2x2 racing.............I HOPE!!!!
Guess the 150's tomorrow will tell us what the 500 will 'look' like.........

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
the winner of the 2011 d 500 is the new derrick cope. i have already forgotten his name. cope is doing well for himself just traveling to race dates and not qualifying his 2 cars.