Dayton Ohio good place to be based from?

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
I am planning to sell the house and pull up stakes this spring and am looking at Dayton Ohio as a new area to live in. Is this a good spot to have as a home plate? Not sure if I will be chasing the freight with one of the big expedite carriers or not but ya never know.

--
Mike N

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
dayton has always been very good for us.but once you are 1 or 2 dispatches away from the house, it doesn't matter where you are based. DD.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
It would have been fantastic when I ran for TS and it is great for the folks I run with now. I am in Cincinnati. My drivers get through here all the time. As a matter of fact I will be meeting one today at 6:30 to put new permits in and on the truck. My other truck is expected Monday. It is never a problem to see the trucks if I want to. Now The driver I am meeting later today rarely drops around here but he does go through. Dayton like Cincinnati sits on I75 it is great. Now getting that to work for you in my opinion is almost an art form if you are asking in order to go home. This goes back to what is right for one may not be right for another. My trucks dont do much home time. So it is done via request/routing. I would venture to say they come by without my help once every two weeks going up or down I75. All in all I would say it is good.

The Owner who once went by RACEMAN but due to the outcome of the Nextel Cup, am now just 6.

Tom Robertson

Veteran Expediter
hey Mike~

Dayton is a good choice. Auto freight in that area from Indy to Columbus for outbound and easy to get home on the inbound side.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
it in the super triangle it's middle of everything and would be able to cover alot of territory and get home alot to
when i was with fedexcc seem like i had ohio address for half the year and i live in va

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
>it in the super triangle it's middle of everything and would
>be able to cover alot of territory and get home alot to
>when i was with fedexcc seem like i had ohio address for
>half the year and i live in va

Super Triangle?

I suspect I know the answer but I just had to ask! :+

--
Mike N

Twmaster

Expert Expediter