day cab beds

woodman5455

Expert Expediter
I remember seeing a fold up day cab truck bed that would fit over both seats. I have a FL 70 and so not sleep in it very often but would like to find one of these beds again. If anyone knows the web site or who sells them please let me know. Thanks for your help.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
I've scoured google under "day cab sleeper" and found several trucks with day cab sleepers for sale but couldn't find any sleepers alone. Try challenging Jon Mosier, at Freightliner of Knoxville 1.800.241.0138, to find you a source for a sleeper you seek. You might also check the dealers that are selling the above mentioned trucks; perhaps they can help.

Terry

woodman5455

Expert Expediter
Thanks Terry. I did call Jon today at Freightliner but he had no idea who sells them. I know that I saw them on some truck web site. I guess I will keep searching.
Dale

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
Somebody once told me that back in the early early days of
trucking (before sleepers) the old guys used to carry a board and laid it across the seats.

woodman5455

Expert Expediter
Yea, This is what I think I will do as well. I have a small sleeper but when the wife is with me it is not big enough. Thanks for your help guys and have a happy holiday season.

Dale

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
So that's the deal . Well , I guess you know the wife has to sleep in the cab because DOT will slap a hefty fine on you if they catch you sleeping there .