Dash camera

Monty

Expert Expediter
I have a Logitech .. I shoot videos with it and sometimes stream it live if anything is interesting.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Notanewbie. Just curious if drivers used them, and what they used them for. I was thinking they might be useful in case of an accident.

jimmy

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
We are looking at a couple systems. We want an outside backup, inside the box, front and side. Custom Audio of Ft Wayne was working on a nice setup. Gonna check them out at MATS.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Notanewbie. Just curious if drivers used them, and what they used them for. I was thinking they might be useful in case of an accident.

jimmy

Just remember, they are as useful to the other party in the accident if your at fault. Also for law enforcement if they want to nail you for speeding or other violations by reviewing the footage.

They can figure your speed by timing landmarks in the video.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Thanks cableguymn. Just thinking about recording the antics of the other courteous and considerate drivers we share the interstate with.

jimmy

Last edited:

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
We are looking at a couple systems. We want an outside backup, inside the box, front and side. Custom Audio of Ft Wayne was working on a nice setup. Gonna check them out at MATS.

Thanks jansiemoo, are you thinking about cameras on both sides of the truck ?

jimmy

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Has anyone used that system out of Calgary Canada that runs an ad in Landline Magazine ? Their website shows lots of actual footage and the pic quality looks pretty good. They record 4 cameras 7 or 14 days and said they could add a 5 th camera for in the box, but it wouldn't be recorded. Also, if one camera in box, should it be at nose or at rear ?Will check out Janiesmoo supplier if they are at Mats.