Craving McDonald's?

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is something about a Dbl Cheeseburger and a chocolate shake about 1am when your doing an all night run

Reactions: in-Transit

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
McRib? That's not even close to real BBQ :)
I've never craved cardboard with a bbq like sauce. :)
It's not even remotely close to real BBQ. Just like their new "artisan" chicken sandwich isn't the least bit artisan, either. But I still crave a McRib every now and then.

What I really like is a double sausage patty muffin with 2 slices of cheese, with pickles and mustard.

Incidentally, if you take a McRib meat and grill it, and eat it plain like a pork chop with no bun and no sauce, it has absolutely no flavor whatsoever. Not even cardboard. It's amazing. That's some kinda skill right there.

Reactions: mrgoodtude and Greg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Okay, so now I got to ask.... Why would you do that?
Well, I was curious. :D

Way back when... I was the general manager at a McDonalds. When you work there you can experiment with all kinds of stuff, including cooking your food exactly the way you want it. I was there when the McRib was introduced, back when breakfast at McDonalds was first tried, and back when the French fries still tasted good because they were cooked in beef tallow.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I figured there must be a good story behind why someone would deconstruct a McRib sandwich

Reactions: mrgoodtude

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was craving a burger, so Finally had a bacon and cheese Sirloin burger (before they go away haha).
I hope I just had a bad one. It was very dry and didn't look like any meat I knew of.
Reminded me of the return of the McNasty :(
Big waste of money on this one.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I tried the one with mushrooms and onions. Wet on the outside, dry on the inside. Everything changed when they took away the pink slime.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
McDonald's announced the other day that they're going to change the way they sear the burgers, and how long they are cooked. Because, searing a frozen patty 30 seconds after it hits the grill is what's making them dry. <snort>

I've had juicier burgers at Steak and Shake, where they smash the burgers so flat you can read through it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes they are. And they're juicy. They're just not thick and juicy like Wendy's, they're thin and juicy.

The thing in common is, both start off with unfrozen ground beef.

Reactions: RoadTime