CR England

gsmooth

Seasoned Expediter
Hello everyone I just got my CDL A last week and thinking about signing on with CR England. Has anyone drove for them, can you share any info.
THX

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You'd be better off looking for that in a forum that deals with truckload OTR. If there are people here that have been with them, there probably won't be many.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Run away as fast as you can from Cr England. They are just training school.You will become there best customer.DO NOT GET INVOLED IN THERE LEASE PROGRAM.Try Stevens transport if you want good training.But remember theses are training schools not career choice! I went thru there training program (stevens) well worth it.But .27 a mile you will starve.Do agoogle search on cr england.I hope they did not pay for your training.You will be stuck with them for a year! Good luck

Blazer

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I occasionally deliver to a CR England cold storage wharehouse in southern NJ, the last time I was there I noticed there was a new guard shack located in a different location. I asked the guard why it was moved, he said a England driver backed into it and demolished the guard shack, luckily the guard escaped uninjured. Another driver backed too far and pushed a telephone pole onto the rail road tracks there and didn't tell anyone. A few minutes later a freight train was coming down the tracks and fortunately the engineer was able to stop the train in time. The guard also said England drivers are routinely involved in minor accidents with employees cars, and all this happened in the parking lot!

Personally, I would think long and hard about driving for CR England.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I fail to see how some other driver. Whether for England or any one else is going to effect how the original poster drives.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
I fail to see how some other driver. Whether for England or any one else is going to effect how the original poster drives.

I think he was just stating that CR must not be a very good place to (TRAIN) hahahahaha, oh man I crack myself up

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
there are many cr drivers that would disagree with all those negative statements.It doesnt matter if he goes to swift,schneider or anyother of the companies willing to train him,its up to him to get the most out of it.If he gets a bad trainer,then you get a different one. after a year,he has his training and its all paid for

Aaronrocker

Seasoned Expediter
Re: **** CR England

:mad:This is funny! My first driving job was with C.R. England. I was trained in Hammond, IN in August of 2004. It was a good school; learned quite a bit, and graduated at the top of my class. I then went to Salt Lake City, UT to finish the rest of my training. After that I was introduced to an awesome trainer and we rolled for 3 weeks. Blah, blah, blah after my training the doom and gloom started. I was forced to run out to Worchester, MA from Salt Lake with another driver to pick up my tractor which was trashed to holy hell by some ****** that was obviously ****ed at England. This should have been a warning to me, but I just laughed it off. Overall this is a terrible company to work for, fortunatly I did not sign a contract and was responsible for the cost of school (thank god for a grant!) The dispatchers suck, equipment is ok if it hasn't been driven by another driver, and if you like driving for slave wages then this is the company for you! If I ever see John England again, I will probably punch him is his face!:mad:

NightRanger

Seasoned Expediter
All I've got to say is go to landlinemag.com the official publication of OOIDA and search cr england and happy reading.:eek:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Re: **** CR England

:mad:This is funny! My first driving job was with C.R. England. I was trained in Hammond, IN in August of 2004. It was a good school; learned quite a bit, and graduated at the top of my class. I then went to Salt Lake City, UT to finish the rest of my training. After that I was introduced to an awesome trainer and we rolled for 3 weeks. Blah, blah, blah after my training the doom and gloom started. I was forced to run out to Worchester, MA from Salt Lake with another driver to pick up my tractor which was trashed to holy hell by some ****** that was obviously ****ed at England. This should have been a warning to me, but I just laughed it off. Overall this is a terrible company to work for, fortunatly I did not sign a contract and was responsible for the cost of school (thank god for a grant!) The dispatchers suck, equipment is ok if it hasn't been driven by another driver, and if you like driving for slave wages then this is the company for you! If I ever see John England again, I will probably punch him is his face!:mad:

WOW Aaron,13 posts and nothing but hate,contempt,and threats.:eek:

mirangerman

Expert Expediter
there are many cr drivers that would disagree with all those negative statements.It doesnt matter if he goes to swift,schneider or anyother of the companies willing to train him,its up to him to get the most out of it.If he gets a bad trainer,then you get a different one. after a year,he has his training and its all paid for

4-1-1 .........Schneider hasn't been training nubs since late last yr

From pumpkindriver.com - newbie forum dated 16Oct09
(sorry - unable to link due to the fact that only registered members can access the info)

"Announced just today; As of November 14, 2008, All Schneider Training Academy's will shut down all 14 Day Basic Training (Non CDL), and ADTC training (CDL School Grads), until further notice.

The only hiring and training being done will be focused on Experienced Drivers.

I have been told they may trickle in a small Newbie class from time to time at the Green Bay, WI. Location. This will be the only company wide training location for all of the US.

Yes, all of the Instructors will be back in driving positions. I feel especially bad for those who based their life style on the daily STA job, and for the TE's out there that depend on the TE pay.

This new announcement today is a further step in action to the topic I posted recently."

-charles

Last edited:

truckn-lace

Seasoned Expediter
RUN, RUN< Like you have stole something , Like your on FIRE. because they will still from you as in will to live, family life, crazy dispatchers, peace of life don't come with a dispatcher breathing down neck, and on the Q.C. asking are you there Yet!! nothing else enjoy not being there.. peace be with you!!:eek:

mirangerman

Expert Expediter
Just curious how you came to your conclusion truckn-lace?

Because I have spoken to a couple of former drivers, and read elswhere - that in reality they are no better/worse than most of the rest of them (there are exceptions!)

-charles

Last edited:

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
She knows because Doug (her hubby) use to drive for them. You won't find anyone more honest then Sally Ann or more nice, thoughtful or considerate! Actually I think in all the time I have known her this is the first negative thing I have ever heard from her so I'd say you can take it to the bank! :rolleyes:

mirangerman

Expert Expediter
That maybe very all well true yesteryear, however .......... I've heard that song and dance b4 about most carriers (mostly because thee's more to the story than what's being told), so ........ the question comes to - who do you believe?

As for me?

I take the neutral ground, unless there is an overwhelming amount of compliants!

-charles

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Well, I think I would have to take the advise of my friend. Difference between you and me is that I know trucknlace and her hubby personally. So I know they are a team that does not exaggerate and will tell it like it is. They are the type of people that would do anything for anyone! Give you the shirt right off their own backs. Wonderful hard workers that are easy going and strives to be the best. Give them a job they will do it to the best of their ability. That is why we are such good friends with them. You can't meet Doug and Sally and not love'em! Now that is a FACT! :)

Foot note: Would bet if you PM Trucknlace they will give you the facts on CR England.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I wouldn't drive for CR England again, but that's just me. If I had to do it all over again I think I would go with Roehl.