Cool beans - cheap keys!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ever since I locked myself out of the truck [at the Yard, of course, lol] I've been looking for a spare key without any luck. A stop at WW Williams got no key, but the surprising info that Home Depot can make them - if not microchipped. The first one I tried was out of the blanks, so I went to Lowe's across from the Detroiter, and they made a dupe of the Sterling key for less than $2.00, and it works!
Now I just have to remember which killer hiding spot I finally settled on, lol. :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I bought 2 keys for my truck a few weeks after i picked it up...I knew the parts guy and we were just BS'ing while i was having some warranty work done on my wifes car when i tossed the truck key on the counter and told him to cut me 2....bad mistake....we continued to talk and he handed me the keys and the invoice to the cashier who i also knew( i worked at the dealership for more then a few yrs) when she told me $71.00 i told her i just bought keys and that she had the wronh invoice..she told me , "no i have the right invoice and you are just an idiot"...LOL...yeap 35.00 a piece....:eek::rolleyes:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Haha - I worked at a dealership for a while too, and it'd be the last place I'd buy anything I can get somewhere else!
BTW: I like the new avatar, where is that road?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dawson, Mont...off 1-94... seen last summer when i was out there and had to take a picture of the sign...i didnt take the exit!!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That was good luck they were out of blanks and got no money and Lowe's made the money instead.