Continuous DEF Problems with Sprinters

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the first thing you need to do is talk to a law firm who specializes in class action suits. Preferably with experience fighting the auto industry. If they are interested they would reach way more people than you will posting on this site. Wish you luck but I'll probably sit on the sidelines.

Reactions: jcochristoph

Brown

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Same thing 10 count over and over nox then dpf now Cats no end to it. 1 day after dpf it's back. Now it's time for cats. I'm pretty sure I'll be in again after that. 153k and 6000.00 and counting. Def injector. Dealer never mentioned a def sensors yet. Set seems to never take more than a cup to a quart. I changed def just to see if it's a contaminate problem. Not so.frustrating. has there been class action started if so where do I get in? Has any one ever found the problem yet? Think I got 100 hours of video and ready In the last few months.

Brown

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have 3 2013 Sprinter 2500s. Each of them have been the shop multiple times for the same problems. Chk Eng/Chk DEF/10 Starts Remaining. Mercedes and Freightliner can not seem to solve the problems. They just throw parts at the problem and send you on your merry way, only to have the same problem occur a day/week/month later.

I'm curious how many owners are having the same problems and if anyone has found a satisfactory solution?

Most of the time the parts replaced are (in order) NOX Sensors, Upstream Temp Sensor, DEF Dosing Valve, SCR (catalytic converter) and an occasional EGR Valve. Of course, all of these problems start AFTER the emissions warranty has expired.

I'm giving some thought to a class-action suit, but need to gather a lot of information from as many owners as I can before I could consider moving forward with it.

I would appreciate any comments, suggestions or feedback. Post a reply or send me a PM. I would be happy to talk with anyone who is experiencing the same problems.

Brown

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Have you ever got the right fix. I just went over 10,000.00 in attempts and engine light on after 100 plus miles soon countdown. Same thing your describing engine,check def, 10 count. Had nox sensors, def injector, dpf, cats replaced and been to multiple shops for reset and again. No end to it.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you ever got the right fix. I just went over 10,000.00 in attempts and engine light on after 100 plus miles soon countdown. Same thing your describing engine,check def, 10 count. Had nox sensors, def injector, dpf, cats replaced and been to multiple shops for reset and again. No end to it.
There is a fix for that.

Reactions: RoadTime

Brown

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I got a 20.00 code reader at Wal-Mart and reset code at engine light. I'm done dumping money into it. But curious what's the fix?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Laws? Not too worried bout them but is there much of a chance?
The ones that have done it have not mentioned anything about it. By the way I hear you get more power when you do one.
As long as you stay out of Cali.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think I'll pick up one of these 2010-2013 (to please carriers and improve ride comfort) Sprinters and play with the dpf when they get real cheap as in under 10 grand, go for one under 200k. I heard the MPG is no good, hmmmm maybe skip and go 4 cylinder, 2019 model "they say now" not coming fast enough.