Congrats on the great win, Jay!!!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That was a good game! Grossman reared his ugly arm, that's for sure. Now the media can finally shut up about Peyton not having his SB win. And the Bears... who dey?

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Thanks! I was on the edge of my seat all night long. But, my Colts pulled it out. How sweet it is! :p

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jay, you had to be a bit concerned on the Colts first possession. It looked like Manning was begging to be picked off. I guess they were in shock after the kickoff was run in. It was a great game.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Yeah, the 1st quarter didnt make me feel very good. But, they started turning it around in the 2nd so I wasnt too scared. Turned out to be a better game than most thought it would be. Also, I think the weather hurt the Bears more than it did us. Which flys in the face of conventional wisdom.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Well, I was pleasantly surprised that the bears hung in there as long as they did. I stated before in another post that the bears overachieved, and without Tommie Harris (Pro bowl DT) and Mike brown (Pro bowl safety) the colts ran all over them. Surely could have been an even better game with those guys playing, but Hey, it's football. The bears have tons of room to improve, so I expect them to contend for a super bowl for at least the next three years in the weak NFC. When is the NFL draft? :7

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
APRIL!!!

I could easily contend that if Seattle's secondary was intact, they would've beaten the Bears. However, that's how injuries play in this game. One critical injury could mean the difference between going to the Superbowl and not making the playoffs.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
OK, here we go: was seattle missing two PRO BOWL players? I wasn't saying that the bears would've won, I'm saying they were missing two KEY players. the colts won, I'm not whining...enjoy the championship.the bears have a lot more of a chance of returning to the super bowl than the Colts, based on age of team, room for improvement, and the fact that they are in a weak NFC. I'm more worried about the saints than anyone else in the conference.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
No one said anything about whining... relax :)

All I'm saying is that injuries are part of the game. Seattle had two pro-bowlers out for several games during the season. It does affect the outcome. In the end, the injury to our pro-bowl qb showed in the Bears game. Also, we had 3 d-backs injured, 2 being starters. Yeah... I think "what if they were healthy?" But that does nothing because it's how the cards fall in the game. Teams who win the big one are as dependant on luck as they are on motivation and skill. Usually those who can get healthy by crunch time end up wearing the ring.

I look forward to next year! I'm hoping your Bears will play in Seattle for the playoffs this time round ;)

Oh... they do go to Seattle during the regular season. Revenge is sweet! hehehe

Jayman

Expert Expediter
jbr, dont forget about all the injuries the Colts have had. Simon, Doss, Reagor, etc. That killed our D. We just found a way to bounce back.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Actually, the seahawks were one of my favorite teams, back in the days of Zorn, Largent, and the 1st Curt Warner. the bears and seahawks match up pretty good when both teams are healthy, so it should be a good game, even in Seattle. I'm just praying the bears draft a tight end in the 1st or 2nd round, Mike brown finds a way to stay healthy, and Grossman learns how to stop making so many bad decisions. Rookie DE Anderson (12 sacks) can only get better with a healthy Tommie Harris back, so I worry so much less about the defense. Pressure on the QB with only 4 rushing was huge for us early in the season, It made the turnovers come that much easier. I miss football already, and the season just ended......:'(

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
isn't it a fact that corey simon hasn't been the same player since leaving Philly? I can't see comparing Him to Harris, because at this point in his career, there is no comparison. Doss is average at best, much like Chris Harris of the bears. As far as finding a way to bounce back, they did, starting with the overrated, underachieving Chiefs. (I hate the chiefs, and I live in KC). I don't know who Reagor is...annnyyway, congrats, and good luck holding off the patriots, ravens, and steelers. peace. ;)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Now you know how I felt last year. :)

Summer is nice, but I'll take football season, thanx :7

Thank God for Sirius!!!

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Will be interesting to see who we seek out in the draft. We could use a good LB and DT. Otherwise...we arent in bad shape. But, then you have to fill holes left by free agents. Cant wait to see how the dust settles!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Word I'm hearing is Manning is wanting to restructure his contract to free up cap space. You may even be able to keep Freeney (tho I think he's overrated).

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Tennessee,

I like your opinion on sports and expediting. But, as far as Freeney goes...he is the man. The reason some think he is over rated is because our rush defense wasnt any good in the regular season. He is only at his best when your in a passing situation. So...if you are running all the time, he isnt the guy making the plays. But, God help you if you have to pass. Any team that plays the Colts has to double team Freeney in pass plays. There is NOBODY in the NFL good enough to take Freeney on 1 on 1 in a pass situation.

I heard the same thing about Manning a week ago regarding the structure of his contract. He will do what he can to help the team keep and aquire good players.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Beg to differ. Freeney has his spin move which was figured out last year. Step back, let him spin, then block him. I'm sure he's added some moves, and doesn't always spin, but he's not the same as he was two years ago. He's still good, just not as good.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Go back and view the KC game. He tore up thier offensive line. Look at the spin move McFarland made in the SB that ended up with a sack agianst Grossman. ;)

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Not to be negative and all, but the KC offensive line could be torn up by an Invalid, ESPECIALLY at either tackle position. ;-)

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Either way, the Colts had the best performing D in the playoffs. Like some guys say..."defense win championships". :7

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
I just heard that Dungy was thinking of leaving? I'm sure you're relieved that He's not (as of last night), but why would he?