Company Ads For Equipment / Drivers

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was contracted with FDCC for 7 years. I sold my truck to help my brother with his struggling business. I have never lost the desire to return to the road. I see ads for every expediter company imaginable seeking trucks and drivers. But I see fewer and fewer expediters on the road. Occasionally I’ll see a Landstar trailer. I have seen 2-3 FDCC units of any size in 6 months. I have seen a few Load 1 straight trucks in the past year. I’m curious as to why all companies are continually running ads when I almost never see units on the road.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not being active in the job maybe why ya dont notice those that are still hanging on?? Maybe some are thinking it's becoming one way freight and shoot straight home??
Not looking in the right spot? Try swinging thru a truck stop or two and ya may see more..:)

guido4475

Not a Member
Maybe freight has dried up where you are looking?

Just think to back in the day, 95 perhaps, when Perrysburg used to be like expeditor central, as well as the Detroiter...The perimeters of the front parking lot of the J and Petro would be lined with straights....now look at them....not dead, but close.....

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's a Flying J on the East side of Fort Wayne that's a good place to look. I see several there every time I'm coming through. The "J" seems to be a favorite hangout for expediters anywhere, for that matter.

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some good points worthy of thought. Thanks for the feedback. Most travels these days are along the I-81 corridor from Scranton, PA to Winchester, VA. I swing through the truck stops at Exit 77 near Harrisburg at least once a week, occasionally at the Petro and Flying J at Exit 54 near Carlisle and the J just inside the Virginia state line from WV. Can’t say I see many vans or straight trucks.

I’m around the Harrisburg airport at least once a week as well as the Naval Supply Depot. I use to do a couple loads out of both places almost weekly. I don’t even see expediters there.

All companies advertising for trucks just seemed a bit curious to me based on my observations. Granted it is pretty much limited to the geographical area noted above. Again, thanks for the feedback.