Commercial Insurance Advice

T

theprofiteer

Could any please point me towards some good commercial expediting insurance companies.

Looking for a good rate for that standard Million dollar coverage.

I Drive a 2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500.

Thanks.

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
Could any please point me towards some good commercial expediting insurance companies.

Looking for a good rate for that standard Million dollar coverage.

I Drive a 2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500.

Thanks.

CIS. They advertise on the home page on EO

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
+1 for CIS. They are good people and they KNOW their business. You'll get good service and they'll make sure you have the proper coverages. I have my coverage with them and wouldn't change.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Ditto. I've been with CIS for a while now and there really is no replacing people who understand our business, what filings need to be made, etc.

Pianoguy

Seasoned Expediter
We use Acuity they are based in Sheboygan WI. The company was supposedly started in the 50s by some guys that couldnt get insurance for a dump truck fleet. My Insurance is combined though for the company which includes 2 USDOT registered trucks. So its business liability/cargo coverage/additional USDOT coverage etc for the store and the trucks, the premium is like 460 a quarter.

Rates seem to depend on if your domicile is in the city or county, we built a new pole barn for storage and it went up 3.00 because of the wood frame of the building. Still a good deal though in my opinion.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
I'd say CIS but w/ one thing added. Make sure ya get Shelly or her husband (I think his name is Dave, can't recall). I got some other lady & she's not the best at getting back w/ ya.

Also, I've had one claim thru them. I had to be towed last year. I sent in the towing bill & they didn't pay it. Not sure why. They didn't decline it. I just never got the check. Since it was like $55, I didn't follow up on it, so that's my fault. Still, I wonder what would happen if there was a bigger claim.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's John and Shelley Benisch but I have to mea culpa and apologize for never remembering if Shelley spells her name Shelley or Shelly.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
I was using Western Truck Insurance but I switched to Geico and saved quite a bit.

fired at you from my Droideka