Coming Back to Expediting

ds1450

Expert Expediter
Hope everyone is well. After a 2 year hiatus (freight got really slow) I am considering coming back to expediting and wondering how freight is moving these days. I recently upgraded my license to an A so I have more choices available. Also what companies are doing the best with Straight Truck and or Tractor? I prefer not to work for Panther II or FDCC. Any good companies that let you run and pay well and on time? I always did very well in my own equipment and I will not team again, but really need some good feedback. Thanks

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
With the "big two" eliminated, it would seem that Load 1 or Landstar would be the next logical options for you.

As for how freight is running, well, it is now coming up on the holidays and the slow season. Now that being said it will likely depend on what you decide to drive. I would talk to prospective carriers to see where their needs lie, and make an informed decision from there.

Best of luck.

Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Tomorrow is just your future yesterday.....

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
With the "big two" eliminated, it would seem that Load 1 or Landstar would be the next logical options for you.

As for how freight is running, well, it is now coming up on the holidays and the slow season. Now that being said it will likely depend on what you decide to drive. I would talk to prospective carriers to see where their needs lie, and make an informed decision from there.

Best of luck.

Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Tomorrow is just your future yesterday.....

Isn't "the slow season" what we've had for about 5 years now? There hasn't been that much difference between the regular seqwon and the slow season for quite some time.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This years gross has exceeded last years gross which was our best since we started 6 years ago. Net as remained static. We have seen a marked slow down in good runs over the past week as the holidays approach.

We are a FDCC White Glove/TVAL truck.

ds1450

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the info. I had trucks on with the big 2... Vans do OK with Panther but solo B unit drivers.. not so good, and FDCC rates have fallen too low for me. I hear good things about Loan One, Bolt and Express One. Any input is appreciated. Just posted an ad under drivers available if anyone is interested. Thanks