Comfort Food

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Ladies,
Please don't take this the wrong way. I just see alot of posts about different foods on you alls forum so I thought I'd post this here. I picked up some packets made by comfort foods today at kroger. They are Bananna Smoothies, and they are oh so good. Also they are fat free and sugar free. What you do is take the packet of powder and put it in the blender with a large bananna, 10 ozs. of skim milk, and 8 regular size ice cubes. They actually taste more like a bananna milk shake than anything else. I don't know if you keep a blender in the truck, but if you do ,you need to try these they are awesome.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Glad to hear someone actually tried those.. LOL. I was looking at them, and will be picking up a few of them. Walmart has several flavors, including banana, strawberry, chocolate, etc... you can mix them by themselves, or as Ark said, throw a banana or other fruit into the blender with them. A scoop of vanilla protein powder, and you've got a quick, no fat, high protein meal/snack on the go.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator
Expeditersonline.com
Truckme.com

"Ability can take you to the top, but it takes Character to keep you there."

- Zig Ziglar

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
That's a great tip AK! We are allways looking for new ideas out here. As far as the blender, have you tried mixing it up without a blender? I wonder if it would work?

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
The banana wouldn't mash nor would the ice. I have one of them stick blenders, it does not do well on ice, but you could make a smoothie and pour it over the ice!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Yeah I guess you could mix it without the fruit and pour it over it. They even have a lemon and orange flavor dreamer. I got bannana and chocalate bannana. The wife got lemon. It doesn't sound to good to me, but whatever floats her boat.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
As Anne said, you need a blender to add fruit. You could mix the powder up, but you have to beat it pretty good. (Remember the chunks when you added Nestle Quik to milk as a kid?)

We tried it with a regular heavy duty blender, and it worked just fine. The banana (cut into chunks first) pulverized, as did the ice. Just like a thick smoothie.

Will definately be making more... getting some good ideas like that together.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator
Expeditersonline.com
Truckme.com

"Ability can take you to the top, but it takes Character to keep you there."

- Zig Ziglar