Coincidentally speaking

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Follow the link posted by Turtle. It is more interesting than what I posted here.

Yasir Arafat, Ringo Starr, same person? You be the judge.

Last edited:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter

And here's the kicker...

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe ,
Maryland
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn
Monroe.

Pretty creepy if you ask me.:eek:

Creepy indeed BUT........the last part is not so, Marilyn Monroe died on Aug. 5, 1962....more than a year before the Kennedy assassination, making the last part, if true, creepier than you and I could ever imagine!!:eek::eek:

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Creepy indeed BUT........the last part is not so, Marilyn Monroe died on Aug. 5, 1962....more than a year before the Kennedy assassination, making the last part, if true, creepier than you and I could ever imagine!!:eek::eek:

When I posted this, I thought some of it is probably not factual. I still thought it was cool. Thanks for the correction. I figured if there was something wrong in here someone would catch it. :D

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
All in all it's a 'weird' thing. Most of it was brought out shortly after the Kennedy assassination, even in a song if I remember correctly (what are the chances of that?) but that last part was added somewhere along the line, too bad the person didn't do some research before messing with a truly amazing coincidence of history.

Reactions: 1 person

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Congradulations whole heartedly.
Finaly some one has had the Stature to tell history like it realy was as well as share the comparsion insight that may have been overlooked by the historians I Sincerely Give ya a Double salute for it. I can see ya tell it like it was in a very nice way. I can see the use of Kit Gloves Political stature In Killing any Negitive issues with Kindness. Double Outstanding Job to ya. By the way.
It doesnt matter What the bitter Hearts are gona say.
Just keep a smile and Post as I enjoy Reading them and That one I saved. HG.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Urban Legends Reference Pages: Lincoln and Kennedy Coincidences

Most of the above is either patently false (Booth was born in 1838, not 1839... Lincoln never had a secretary named Kennedy, etc.), or only marginally coincidental. The book, "Coincidences, Chaos, And All That Math Jazz" talks about this very coincidence. You will be able to find just as many coincidences between two strangers, many more than that, actually. Hundreds, or thousands of coincidences. All you have to do is look for them.

Actually, the only really and truly way kewl coincidence is that one president was shot at Ford's Theater, and another president was shot in a Ford Lincoln.