Cleaning around doors

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Once you get your truck washed and it is all "spiffy" what do you do about cleaning the area of the truck where you open the door to step in? I wonder if window cleaner would hurt the paint or is there another mild cleaner that would work to clean that area? Any ideas?

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
You can use diluted 'Awesome'. I know it won't hurt the paint. I use it to wash the entire truck, inside and out. That's also what I have in my washer reservoir, with rubbing alcohol at this time of year. 'Awesome' is available at pretty much any dollar store. Or you can buy it from the guy in the 'J' parking lot in Phoenix at 3/$25. Don't ask me how I know. :eek:

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Are you telling us that some guy is selling totally awesome for 25.00 for 3 bottles !!!
when it's a buck a bottle at dollar tree stores.

bigjoep89

Expert Expediter
A dollar a bottle at the dollar general store. 3 for 25.00 at the truck stop! Now that is a profit margin I like!!!

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I looked at it as paying for his suggestions for all the ways to use the product. I was sold on it the minute I saw the bugs melt. :D I've since found it for $.79 in Maine. Does it average out? :confused:

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Meguiar's Tech Protectrant

Go to their web site and take a look at their product line.

I have used them for years on my cars, bikes and trucks.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Windex wont hurt the paint but does tend to remove any wax after a bit. Believe it or not, Lemon Pledge or other furniture polish works great for a quick cleanup.