Clean it up!

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I always hear about how maybe some Walmart's don't want trucks parking at their stores is because of drivers leaving a mess. Yesterday I witnessed just that. I called a Walmart who doesn't let trucks stay and park, but if you need to shop they didn't mind. I went in, got groceries, and along came another Panther driver. They pulled next to us, and proceeded to dump out their cooler all over the ground, and put all this trash and coke bottles in a cart...And LEFT IT NEXT TO ME!!!! Lol...I didn't want to get blamed for it cause they drove off after that and I was really surprised. It was embarrassing having a cart full of trash next to our truck.

Drivers that can't clean it up our going to ruin the friendliness of places that don't mind you stopping by and that's not fun for anyone!

On a positive note, I read on here before someone saying they call walmart's now to see if they allow parking. I started calling before I go to all of them, unless I see trucks parked there, and I can say they ALL have allowed us to park and do shopping, and some even overnight. Even one in the North East, which I was surprised by. It's just nice to be able to shop like regular people do.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you see that again get the truck number and report it or give it to me and I'll report it. There is absolutely no excuse in the world for behavior like that. If they did it there you can be certain they do it everywhere. If the same truck number is reported multiple times by multiple people in multiple locations something will happen or they'll never hear the end of it.

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
I was at a WalMart in Missouri just west of St Louis on 44 and I noticed they had installed a system of bars that prohibited anything taller than 10' from entering their lot.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Not all walmart stores but alot of them have trash cans hooked to the cart corrals and if not there are always some trash cans by the door. There is no excuse to throw trash or anything else in the parking lot.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Ditto!

I would have taken a picture with my cell phone and forwarded it to Panther along with an explanation surrounding this incident.

I like what I do, but I dislike the blackeye being given to the industry by those who show little regard for themselves and others.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If you see that again get the truck number and report it or give it to me and I'll report it. There is absolutely no excuse in the world for behavior like that. If they did it there you can be certain they do it everywhere. If the same truck number is reported multiple times by multiple people in multiple locations something will happen or they'll never hear the end of it.

I AGREE.!!! 100%
i know i never ever.... leave trash anywhere.......
report them!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I can think of few things more satisfying than busting someone's bubble, when they thought they were anonymous.....;) especially if you got the photos to prove it.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
They probably would be able to find them really easily. We were in a very small town and I know the fleet owner they worked for because it's one of the big ones. Plus, I'm pretty positive that they took the load we were offered and turned down because it was right after the time of that pick up and right down the street. It wasn't some town you'd just happen to run into another Panther at...lol. Next time, I'll get pictures as proof. I'll pretend like I'm a spy or something! How hard is it to find a trash can, really?

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
They probably would be able to find them really easily. We were in a very small town and I know the fleet owner they worked for because it's one of the big ones. Plus, I'm pretty positive that they took the load we were offered and turned down because it was right after the time of that pick up and right down the street. It wasn't some town you'd just happen to run into another Panther at...lol. Next time, I'll get pictures as proof. I'll pretend like I'm a spy or something! How hard is it to find a trash can, really?

Really, it is not hard to find a trash can at a Walmart.

davelees1

Seasoned Expediter
Early March we found a very nice Walmart in Milpitas, CA just north of San Jose. It was in a nice shopping center and they allowed us to park overnight. This was great because there are no real truck stops in this area.
We went back to that same area last week and was looking forward to staying there overnight, but the guard told us and the other 4 trucks in the parking lot that no more overnight parking was allowed. This was a real disappointment.
The manager said it was due to truck drivers leaving their trash.
Anyone seeing any trucks leaving a mess should report them to the carrier, the store or even the police!
Let's face it, other than truck stops and rest areas, Walmarts are the best place to park overnight. If they institute a company wide no truck parking policey, it'll hurt all of us.:mad: