class 8

jrgibbs1

Seasoned Expediter
does anyone know the companies that do the class 8 straight truck stetch or the dealers that sell them. All I can seem to find are the one that are 5 years old and a 600k on them

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
Fyda Freightliner in Columbus, OH usually has a good stock of class 8 converted S/t's. Ask for John for upfront facts and figures.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Are you wanting to get a brand new one? If so I would think you could order it from the factory with the longer frame. I know LBD ordered a Kenworth like that. If you look at the dash of that truck it doesn't even have the trailer brake knob. It is a true Class 8 straight truck. You might send him a pm. I'm also thinking the Ateam ordered their Volvo from the factory with the longer frame. Someone else you can pm.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
If you want new and have the money, any class 8 manufacture can put any frame size on the truck.

But with stretched trucks, beware of the hack jobs out there. Frame and axle alignment is critical.

Redleader27

Seasoned Expediter
So are there any fleet owners out there that need to sell a class 8 or class 7 with a take over payment option or lease to own opition. I have my own carrier I want to drive for but anyone fleet owner need to be relieve of a straight truck?

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Look in the EO classifieds. There are a couple listed. Remember, the age rule with carriers are different for class 8 trucks. A 5 year old class 8 is no biggie.

jrgibbs1

Seasoned Expediter
that was my big question, how to turn around a 100k+ truck in 4 or five years, just to start over with big time truck payments

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Figure in 8 to 10 years. My 2000 FLD has right at 800k miles. Ohio CaT dynoed the snot out of it and said it behaved like a young engine, still getting up-to-spec results on horsepower at the wheel. A Class 8 engine like a Cat C10 or DD 60 series is designed to pull 80,000 lbs on a regular basis, between truck, trailer and cargo. In a straight truck application, you may be rolling as much as 40 or 42k on occasion. That class 8 won't work as hard. Just find out what the age requirements are with the carriers you are interested in.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Dave Syverson frieghtliner of Rochester , M.N
Have a shop that will stretch any new/used truck.
they are doing it weekly ,and have many returning costumers throwout the years.

Moose.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
TSI Western Star of North Jackson Ohio can order you a class 8 straight truck from the factory. They do a great job of specing the truck for you. They can also stretch the frame of any truck you want, or have. They are great people to do business with. They do their own fabracation at their shop.