Cargo Van CIS news!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm talking total, 70 cents to the van is low but doable.
All I mean is the Eastern Europeans aren't all to blame... IF I had my own authority or a partner who only took say 10% cut....
And the fact this country was built by immigrants .... Unfortunately they ve picked our trade.

Reactions: Opel2010

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
All I mean is the Eastern Europeans aren't all to blame... IF I had my own authority or a partner who only took say 10% cut....
And the fact this country was built by immigrants .... Unfortunately they ve picked our trade.

They have chosen our industry because there are very low barriers to entry. Buy a $5000 van and make some calls to the scum bag carriers that advertise for drivers all over the internet. They don't care how old the van is or whether it is roadworthy or not.

The barriers are even LOWER to becoming a CARRIER now. Get a credit card, call Sylectus, put free ads on Craigslist for the $5000 van owner operators.

Reactions: jelliott and xiggi

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
It is just way to easy to play this game and be completely under insured. The sad part is that almost nobody is stopping them, or hardly even slowing them down. A few of us are trying very hard to get the load providers to understand the dangers of feeding these companies, but it isn't going to happen over night.