Chevy Express 2500

EGG_1705

Rookie Expediter
Hello and first of all thank you for helping me with my question. Im new to the forum.

I have a 2007 Chevy Express 2500 4.8. The engine runs perfect, it doesnt have any misfire or nothing, but a while back I started noticing a noise coming from the engine, it sounds like a pulley but I think its not a pulley, honestly I think is the oil pump heres why, when I start the engine the oil pressure is a above 40 but when I start running it, it goes all the way to 80, and from there it wont go down even if Im at a stop signal and its at idle. Do you think i should change the oil pump or do you think that problem is something else?

Thank you for your help guys!!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Before replacing the oil pump check the oil pressure with an external gauge to rule out a faulty sensor or dash gauge. Another possible quick fix if the pump or lines are clogged up is dump a can of Sea Foam in the crankcase and run it for a few hundred miles and then change the oil and filter.

EGG_1705

Rookie Expediter
Im going to do that with an external gauge to make sure first, yesterday I did the oil change and took the opportunity to look inside the oil pan, it was very clean, no little metals, you know the little filter inside that comes from the oil pump, it was also very clean. Btw thank you for helping me with this. Appreciate it.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
My experience and with oil pumps...it goes down...way down when there going out..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Check with Billg27.
I bet the plunger that controls the flow of oil pump pressure is stuck. Also check on the Internet for your issue.
It's not easy to get to but is known to get stuck or the o-ring to fall apart after a bunch of miles.
Just look it up.
Also, just for kicks, pull your serpentine belt off and fire it up for a minute. Just to make sure you don't have TWO problems. The tensioner, if it hasn't been replaced, is on it's last leg. Assuming you have 300,00-400,000 miles.
Just one nut's opinion. ;)!!!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
...yesterday I did the oil change and took the opportunity to look inside the oil pan, it was very clean, no little metals, you know the little filter inside that comes from the oil pump, it was also very clean.
Did you use a proctoscope or drop the pan?