Cheap Freight to No Freight

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We are vetting and going through our system carrier by carrier. We are removing a number of carriers daily right now. Reducing and trying to remove the possible exposure and focus on properly insured carriers and hopefully help to bolster them in the fight at the same time.

But at the same time need MORE carriers to step up and do the right thing. Protect your own company and your industry at the same time!

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are vetting and going through our system carrier by carrier. We are removing a number of carriers daily right now. Reducing and trying to remove the possible exposure and focus on properly insured carriers and hopefully help to bolster them in the fight at the same time.

But at the same time need MORE carriers to step up and do the right thing. Protect your own company and your industry at the same time!
ALike.jpg .................:)

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
...Sylectus being a software company....they couldn't give a rats arse what happens in the expedite side itself....just sell the software...

I don't begrudge the Russians, Romanians, Polish, Chez Ukranes anything...they are living the American dream like your forefathers....at least they are working...

no one promised you a decent living just the opportunity to make one..even if it takes 2 jobs to achieve that...

BTW...I am Canadian...and also trying to take your job.....:)
And the Americans

Reactions: Murraycroexp

deadhead

Veteran Expediter

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
I'VE ALWAY HEARD YOU A STAND UP GUY.WHAT WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU.THIS OUR BUSINESS OUR WAY OF LIFE WE NEED PROTECT IT IF WE DON'T IT I FEEL WELL BE OVER,I CAN WORK LESS BUT WHY, STILL IN THIS A WEAR OUT MY TRUCK SO SOMEONE JUST OFF THE BOAT CAN ENJOY THE FRUITS OF OUR LABORS.WE HAVE TO GET THESE OUR CARRIERS AND OUR GOVT TO DO THERE JOB.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'VE ALWAY HEARD YOU A STAND UP GUY.WHAT WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU.THIS OUR BUSINESS OUR WAY OF LIFE WE NEED PROTECT IT IF WE DON'T IT I FEEL WELL BE OVER,I CAN WORK LESS BUT WHY, STILL IN THIS A WEAR OUT MY TRUCK SO SOMEONE JUST OFF THE BOAT CAN ENJOY THE FRUITS OF OUR LABORS.WE HAVE TO GET THESE OUR CARRIERS AND OUR GOVT TO DO THERE JOB.
Your fellow Americans are scr wing you over just as bad....count on that....

Reactions: ntimevan

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Russians are coming!........Sorry they already here!!!.......Welcome to America go ahead take my job. I go get food stamps like the other 98 million of our people are on.And we let Washington tell us about all the new jobs that people got. Be sure to Buy American Made Products so the Russians can haul.

Dave Sullivan

Seasoned Expediter
Watched Shark tank last night with my one good eye.. Two guys from Cali decided to create a "non fashion forward" Merican brand.. Think Jeans, T and Oxford will set a Non Fashionista (my word) back 350 large? I was Like oh hell yeah, add a pesky Penske or a Prime and I will be ill dressed to the tune of 1K.http://www.cleveland.com/business/i...uck_mason_clothing_on_shark_tank_tonight.html
Can we mention the brokers who don't have the proper bond and don't pay there bills ??? JUSAYIN !!!!!!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That is another issue. But that is one that carriers should easily be able to verify. If authority and bond are not in place why anyone would take freight from someone?????

Reactions: davekc

mikedrives191

Rookie Expediter
Some carriers make a living off of double brokering freight. I had a carrier call my owner once and say that they were bidding on a load for my truck off of NLM. They were going to bid it high enough to pay me a dollar a mile and still make a couple hundred dollars off of it. They never got the load but they told me to hang tight in El Paso and that they would eventually find me a load. They are one of the bigger carriers on here. I wish I could sit there and win NLM loads all day and put them on partner carrier trucks and skim profits off the top. That's kind of like scalping hedge funds lol. One of my owners used to run for a carrier at times and they did not have broker authority, but they paid in seven days. I have also ran for companies that had broker authority and a bond, but you had to get them to send you a comcheck before you deliver. One of the owner I drove for had to do this a while back for Nations Express.

mikedrives191

Rookie Expediter
I bet XPO acquiring NLM and Roadrunner taking over most of the John Deere loads from Active on Demand is really putting a damper on the double brokering stuff. There used to be a guy that all he did was double broker FedEx Custom Critical loads to different carriers at a small profit margin. If he did a few of those each day, he made a decent living. I'm not sure how that's going now that FedEx is posting their loads directly to Sylectus these days. There is a lot of shady stuff that goes on in the industry all the way down from the drivers who run without the proper insurance to the carriers trying to make a few bucks off of double brokering loads. In my opinion there aren't enough regulation in this industry. I think carriers should have to have a 75 thousand dollar bond for when they close up shop and rip their drivers off. That seems to be happening here a lot these days.

Reactions: deadhead

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just to Clarify alittle ...Roadrunner Expedite IS Active Aero , Active on Demand , Active Motor Carrier ..just that the freight hauling division has been changed to .. Roadrunner Expedite
So John Deere freight is still being delivered by the Same company ...just a new name

mikedrives191

Rookie Expediter
Just to Clarify alittle ...Roadrunner Expedite IS Active Aero , Active on Demand , Active Motor Carrier ..just that the freight hauling division has been changed to .. Roadrunner Expedite
So John Deere freight is still being delivered by the Same company ...just a new name

True. I know that. What I'm trying to say is that now that Active On Demand is moving more of their customers freight in house (via Roadrunner) there is less of it being brokered out and then double brokered out to the smaller carriers. That has got to help solve some of the problems with the rates being eroded out here.

Reactions: ntimevan

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Several new companies a week added on Sylectus. There is no limit to how many carriers they will sign on. As long as their credit card isn't declined, they're on.
No limit.
Sylectus is in business to sign on as many brokers and carriers as will pay them the subscriber fees.
For better or worse, that's where we are.

I was with Sylectus about five years ago. My POV? It's a waste of money.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
True. I know that. What I'm trying to say is that now that Active On Demand is moving more of their customers freight in house (via Roadrunner) there is less of it being brokered out and then double brokered out to the smaller carriers. That has got to help solve some of the problems with the rates being eroded out here.

now adays they just double broker to them self and all is good.

Reactions: davekc