Cheap Freight to No Freight

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Russians are coming!........Sorry they already here!!!.......Welcome to America go ahead take my job. I go get food stamps like the other 98 million of our people are on.And we let Washington tell us about all the new jobs that people got. Be sure to Buy American Made Products so the Russians can haul.

Reactions: Opel2010

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Several new companies a week added on Sylectus. There is no limit to how many carriers they will sign on. As long as their credit card isn't declined, they're on.
No limit.
Sylectus is in business to sign on as many brokers and carriers as will pay them the subscriber fees.
For better or worse, that's where we are.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
...Sylectus being a software company....they couldn't give a rats arse what happens in the expedite side itself....just sell the software...

I don't begrudge the Russians, Romanians, Polish, Chez Ukranes anything...they are living the American dream like your forefathers....at least they are working...

no one promised you a decent living just the opportunity to make one..even if it takes 2 jobs to achieve that...

BTW...I am Canadian...and also trying to take your job.....:)

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
It's odd that within one post it gets turned into a Sylectus issue by a guy who's company is also new to Sylectus.

New to Sylectus? If referring to me, not. I've been on and using Sylectus for about 10 years now, I think. But nice try, though.

And yes, Sylectus has gone through MANY changes over the years. I'm thinking there are several on EO that would agree.

Reactions: Opel2010

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
As CRE? My point is Sylectus isn't expediting. I don't know why it is to blame.

No Crossroads Express was formed in March of 2012. I was ops mgr at Rush Expediting for over 9 years. Does it matter what company I was with as to when I started using Sylectus, or GPSNet, as i think it was called at the time.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No Crossroads Express was formed in March of 2012. I was ops mgr at Rush Expediting for over 9 years. Does it matter what company I was with as to when I started using Sylectus, or GPSNet, as i think it was called at the time.
It does matter as I wasn't referring to Rush, I said your company (CRE) is also new to Sylectus. Nice try yourself.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
And no, Sylectus isn't all to blame at all. I just said that they have no interest in doing anything but signing on people that will pay their fees. That is all.
Matter of fact, I blame carrier's wh0re bids and brokers that hire the cheapest wh0res to cover their loads. I think I just might have lost a broker with my below response a few minutes ago when they tried to justify hiring the absolute cheapest bidder on their loads.

"Yeah. If cheapest is going to win it every time, we will probably lose it every time. Trying to hold some semblance of decent rates together in this industry. But there are just too many prostitutes and Johns out there for that to be the reality. Thanks anyway. Have a great day!"

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Crickets.................................:rolleyes:
Sorry but I don't live and breathe EO. My point which you have trouble grasping is that Sylectus isn't used by all carriers, so that you chose to take it there seemed odd to me. Especially when you yourself are a member. So we know your credit card went through.
I'll be offline for a while but promise to keep you updated on my every move. Enjoy your Thursday.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry but I don't live and breathe EO. My point which you have trouble grasping is that Sylectus isn't used by all carriers, so that you chose to take it there seemed odd to me. Especially when you yourself are a member. So we know your credit card went through.
I'll be offline for a while but promise to keep you updated on my every move. Enjoy your Thursday.
kinda of snitty eh?.....LOL

Reactions: Murraycroexp

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
LOL! All good. I just think that Sylectus has become a larger source and open market, virtually, for loads. Once again, for better or worse. The closer Sylectus gets to a true open market of brokers, loads, carriers & 3PLs the closer we will all get to the actual market deciding where expedited rates will go. Market corrections can be painful, but market generated corrections don't usually happen in a vacuum.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gentleman .... lets Step back a minute and take a deep breathe ...... Relax ......
Ok now everyone a little calmer .... are we done finger pointing ...
In this quick moving topic are several people that I consider EO friends and yet have only met 1 a couple of times ... and you guys work for or manage 2 of hardest working Companies on EO that are trying to keep Rates up for their drivers as well as Make a profit themselves .... and Yes ... I do not work for either but yet want to see both keep striving forward in a positive direction .... Just My Opinion
...if you must go back to finger pointing ...point away.....Lol

Reactions: Murraycroexp

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
LOL! All good. I just think that Sylectus has become a larger source and open market, virtually, for loads. Once again, for better or worse. The closer Sylectus gets to a true open market of brokers, loads, carriers & 3PLs the closer we will all get to the actual market deciding where expedited rates will go. Market corrections can be painful, but market generated corrections don't usually happen in a vacuum.
You are correct.......the market does make corrections and yes it is very painful,yes your right again these people do work hard they work as many brokers that pay them.MY POINT IS I DONT WHERE THEY GET THERE LOADS FROM,IF I HAVE BUY INSURANCE,THEY SHOULD TOO.IF IHAVE TO PLAY BY THE RULES THEY NEED TO PLAY BY THE SAME RULES.HOW DO YOU THINK THEY CAN HAUL AS CHEAP?

Reactions: jelliott

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Russians are coming!........Sorry they already here!!!.......Welcome to America go ahead take my job. I go get food stamps like the other 98 million of our people are on.And we let Washington tell us about all the new jobs that people got. Be sure to Buy American Made Products so the Russians can haul.

The real problem is not they coming , the issue is ,they not playing fair. Have 10-20 units and insuring 1....

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
You are correct.......the market does make corrections and yes it is very painful,yes your right again these people do work hard they work as many brokers that pay them.MY POINT IS I DONT WHERE THEY GET THERE LOADS FROM,IF I HAVE BUY INSURANCE,THEY SHOULD TOO.IF IHAVE TO PLAY BY THE RULES THEY NEED TO PLAY BY THE SAME RULES.HOW DO YOU THINK THEY CAN HAUL AS CHEAP?

All good points. Many brokers like Load-1, Bolt, Barrett, Express Transport and others are in the middle of due diligence and spending lots of admin time going through their carrier files, comparing to the number of listed units, following up with insurance companies and cutting off carriers that don't meet their requirements. If enough brokers do this then the market will have responded and eventually adjust back the other way a bit. BUT, the almighty dollar is way too tempting for many brokers and will be a determining factor on IF they cut off any carriers at all, regardless of the insurance they carry.