Chavez at the UN

Twin Pop USA

Expert Expediter
Tal- Don't u think Clinton/Gore selling missile technology to the Chinese for campaign cash was a security threat to you and the rest of this country? Curious how N. Korea can now hit us with nukes. If you're gonna rip Bush's security blunders, at least be consistent with the other guy's

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
See Mr. Tcall you just proved the strongest point, you cannot even nail down facts. I SIR HAVE NEVER HAD A BIG MAC IN MY LIFE.....fact

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Broom: excellent point - that oughta settle the debate, lol.
Twinpop: I was in total agreement with you, until you mentioned what Clinton did. Seems to me, every accusation against Bush is met with the reply "Well, Clinton did (whatever)" I think the point here is that it doesn't much matter what Clinton did - what Mr Bush is doing right now is what matters. I don't have a political affiliation, because both parties are practicing corpolitics: making law to suit the corporations who fill the campaign coffers, because getting elected, then reelected, is all they care about.
Government that is of, by, and for the people, is our great heritage, but not our current reality. And like TallCall, it's because I love this country that I will never shut up & go away.

Twin Pop USA

Expert Expediter
Cheri- I sure am no Bush fan either. Never think he'd do so little about our borders. I guess cheap labor still translates into political victories.
But cmon- people need to be more consistent in pointing out the sins of "both" sides of the aisle sometimes. All this left-right, taking "sides".. Overblown! I think most working people only differ on 10-20% of all these issues. And those who care enough to vote for so-called change seem divided and conquered. And confused. Fighting and debating, blaming the other "side" in media and talk radio.. Yet few of em get the changes they need, and every year expenses & taxes go up more than wages.
Does anyone wonder why corporations like Microsoft and Walmart contribute to both parties? Will there ever again be high level politicians who have the true interests of the MIDDLE CLASS taxpayer in mind?? Instead of a bunch of crooks, liars and perverts. Or have we given up.. I'm not bashing America either, we still are the BEST nation on Earth. Now on to IMPORTANT things-
Hey, its almost KICKOFF!! 9 more hours..

Oh yea, not till Monday nite.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
I find your question both trivial,and slightly insightful and a little honest.Not sure which takes the lead.
I have stated many timns on this forum that I was on board with Bush,and the other 93% of the country in the days and weeks after 911.
Those who were responsible were going to be held to account for their action.Our military was was going to be utilized to go after Osama,and his band.
It has been a dismal,downhill slide since he took his eye off the ball.So many put in harms way for his agenda.Not to be confused with the war on terror,as we all know now.
No need to repeat the facts.
Each day now bring further aligations of lies and half truths and "I just don't remembes"Billion wasted,young lives lost.
At this point,I don't need to defend my love of my country,and deep appreciation to those who have served our country.I'm now trying to save our conutry from the leaders who have choosen the wrong road.I consider myself a defender of those who don't wish to "stay the course".Those we would stay the course are the real enimies of democracy through their short sided blind support of a failed policy.It's really pretty simple Rich,I'm a patriot.
When the truth is finally told,and it will be,you will still insist that the revaltions that are unraveling daily are just leftest media twisting the story.Again.
And I will say I told you so.And you will call me a traitor.And,fortunatly,the people will decide.
Censorship and property rights are not number one on very many American agenda.Nice try though Greg.Anything but the war,please!!
DREAM ON!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Tallcal I think you are somewhat mixed up.

Did you know that it is considered unpatriotic to support Treason, Sedition and promote Disaffection?

Did you know that leaking secerts is unpatriotic?

Did you know that leaking secerts is a case of treason?

You know that I am not going to claim you are or are not patriotic, I respect you too much to do that but it makes me wonder why anyone would want to see secerts leaked.

As for property rights and censorship. Did you know that many people don't think a war is going on?

You don't need a poll to tell you this, just look around - what sacrifices are we all making?

What restrictions do we have to deal with?

Nothing!

Do prove to me other wise.

I do want the troops home quickly but I know first what we are up against and second that it takes time. moving troops will cause more problems in the long run.

Mistake? Yes I concede it was a mistake but I also point to the fact that what we assume as lies are true lies on both sides of the isle - meaning everyone is to blame in Washington.

Did you by chance get the movie? I hope so.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Tall don't you understand,these fanatics want to kill us,pure and simple whether they are from Syria,Afghanastan,Irag,Iran Saudia Arabia, take your pick. Neither the Bush or the Clinton Administration created this situation. Only difference is that the Bush administration is trying to do something about it.
You say your are a patroit and I think you probably are but wake up and smell the roses, these are tough times and the times demand firm action or once again our perceived weakness against our enemies will be another downfall for our Nation.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Rich,
I offered to buy the movie for him which illustrates the problem with these people and he does not want to come to grips that someone actually hate us so much they would kill themselves to kill you, me or Tallcal. It seems that many people want to remember 9/11 but not to many want to make sure we stay safe and how it is down no one should really care.

But with that said, I am trying to get some people who HATE bush and the republicans to think for once, i know it seems to be an impossible task seeing I live in a ultraliberal state. I mean that it is simply that a division in the country means they already won and it is on their schedule when the next strike happens. I would like to see a solid plan from the dems but h*ll they can't agree on one issue other than investigations and even OBama seems to be getting tire of them with his comments of late. I got another one of those great emails from the great communicator - Howard Dean and really the dems could win on a few issues if they got it together but complaining about the war has a few die hard dem fans deciding to vote anything but Stabanow this election here, I only wish and pray that God watches out for our state and prevents Grandholm being reelected.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Using your logic Rich,it seems the best thng to do is drop a couple of big ones on"that"region of the World and be done with it.Would that be your feeling?I'm serious.You mentioned several countries that must be part of "the axis of evil"to quote our leader(words he wish's he had never used).Is every person in each of those countries our enemy?
When we went looking for trouble,with out a plan,trouble is what we got.Big trouble,and we don't have a clue who the enemy is.Not a clue.
We do know that 70% of the Iraqi's now think it is quite alright to kill Americans.The same Americans who, we were told by our leaders, would be welcomed as liberators.That was short lived,like maybe 2 weeks.
I'm really just trying to understand what the plan is.But it seems the news from Washington is just "stay the course",and I have no clue what the course is.Can someone tell me what the course is?The Iraqi's now strongly view us as the enemy,and don't want us there.So why not give them their wish.If you think the Iraqi government cares about us,guess again.Their in negotiations with Iran for nuclear energy and more guns.To what?Arm their populace against us.If you understand what it all means.then support the policy and support your position.
I just ask you return the favor.
More and more this is looking like Bush's Vietnam to me,and hating Bush has NOTHING to do with it.Hating seeing young lives lost,however,t I do hate.Victory,so far it's not defined,at least to me.
It can't just go on and on,would you not agree?Surely there must be a plan to at least pull back.To allow the Iraqis to stand up to the enemy which dwells in their own country,and those that came to fight the Americans from neighboring countries.We really created a mess Rich,a real mess.
Soon,we will be all alone,as the coalition is rapidly dwindling.
Us against them,but are "them"?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
OK I sent a PM to TallCal asking for a truce and if we ever meet up I will buy the first round.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
I'm getting somewhat burned out,too much going on(the trucks are a handful right now)and to much business at the moving company.
Not to mention the national scene,which I'm to wrapped up in.
Need to coast for a while.