EO University Workshop Charlotte Workshop

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
The final session in a series of Expedite Workshops concluded this past Thursday night in Charlotte, NC. Registration for the event topped the 118 mark and 60 aspiring and current expediters were in attendance for the four hour free event. The workshops were sponsored by Expeditersonline, and several expedite carriers and venders that cater to the expedite community.

Heath Wood of Middle Georgia Freightliner gave an excellent overview presentation on truck Spec'ing, financing, purchasing and maintenance. I discussed the basics of the expedite segment of trucking and finished the evening discussing the business aspects of expediting/trucking as an owner/operator. Rene' was an Expedite Ambassador-at-Large as she shared her expediter experiences with many of those in attendance. Jon Mosher of Freightliner of Knoxville and Dave Corfman, a fleet owner, known here as DaveKC, were unable to attend as scheduled because of family exigencies.

As the folks were arriving at the Charlotte Holiday Inn, I was impressed by the distances some had traveled to attend the workshop. One man flew down from Boston, MA and others came from as far away as Canada, Indianapolis and Missouri. The one thing that all of the aspiring expediters had in common was a thirst for knowledge about this industry, its carriers and venders and the people that make up the expedite community. Heath, and I did our best to give up a little info in the seemingly short time allotted. Lawrence, Micki McIntyre and Rene' also contributed before and after the speaker sessions.

I finished the evening with an invitation to all those in attendance to come to EO and read the articles by Jeff Jensen and others, then to come and join the Forum to get "the rest of the story". I am now requesting that the remaining Forum members help these and other aspirants to decide their fate in this business with factual information and threads that stay on topic and remain void of the flaming and bashing of which none of us are proud.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Terry - thanks for the post. I think Charlotte was the best workshop of the year! We hope to have our city/location list for 2008 up in the next few weeks.

Thanks for making this event the best ever!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.

37% of Americans agree that while they would hate being British, they wouldn't mind having a British accent.

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

I hate the country, all those animals walking around un-cooked.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------