charleston firefighters

markafd

Expert Expediter
My self being a career firefighter and part-time expediter find myself witha heavy heart for my brothers in charleston, SC. But at the same time I think of my expedite brothers and sisters and this post is to simply let all of you know that a lot of surface streets in charleston will be closed around the coliseum area for a memorial service friday the 22nd starting around 0500 and sounds like they will remain closed all day. so stay safe and if in the charleston area be patiant as possible.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
My brother is a former firefighter, and our hearts go out to them. Our prayers will be with their families. What a tragedy.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future."

- Ziggy

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We were stationed in Charleston off and on for 8 years when the Navy base was still open. Hubby was a volunteer firefighter during hurricane Hugo and worked some long hours with the Charleston Fire Dept. Although we didn't know any of these guys personally, our hearts go out to the families of these firefighters.

fortwayne

Not a Member
As an ex-state trooper from that area (early 80's) I was very sad to hear of this tragedy.
Words can not express the loss the families and community are feeling, but, I hope they know that we all have them in our prayers.

Fort Wayne
Boycott The Flyless J!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It was reported in the Houston Chronicle that the fire started out back at the "smoke break" area. There are trash cans there and presumably a butt tossed into the can later caused the fire. It appears cigarettes claimed 9 more lives.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.