Change to the method that non-discounted loads are offered.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I'm wondering how this will effect the load opps we receive? Might be time to buy that lift axle and make some extra money hauling "E" loads..

From the Nov 16, 2012 Fleet Bulletin:
"Starting Monday, Nov. 26, we will offer non-discounted loads out to trucks based on the shipment’s weight and dimensional requirements. Our current system offers loads based on the size of the truck (C unit, E unit, etc.). So even though a C Unit may be able to haul more than 5,000 pounds, we would only offer loads under that weight. Starting Nov. 26, that will change.

The loads will be offered based on the amount the vehicle can legally haul, so it is important that the vehicle specifications we have on file are accurate. You can contact your contractor coordinator or Contractor Relations to ensure your payload and dimensional requirements are
correct. Also, if you do not want to take shipments larger than the traditional limitations, please let us know so we ensure that is reflected in the system.

Again, please note that this change is only for non-discounted shipments at this time.

We sent a
letter explaining the change to all owners in the FedEx Custom Critical fleet. It provides a little more detail into what the change means and how it will be implemented."

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Once someone figures this out I hope they post it.
Will this be good for my bigger capacity D ? I would think so. A friend pulled a great load, about 14,000# on their D. It pumped up to an E rate.
I loose loads that C's may now take from D's.
Will my D get the 1,000# load that in the past a C may have had preferrance ?
Will C,D,and E be eliminated from dispatch procedure ? Replaced by a list of trucks ranked by capacity ?
I haven't seen the letter , guess I'll look for it on my day off.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Read the letter.
I would think there are more D loads that can go onto a C than E loads that can go onto a D.
I'm all about trying new things and think anything that helps us serve the customer better is worth trying.
As long as we stay busy, at a good rate,I don't care what size the freight.
I may look at a lift axle. The first quad in the fleet,LOL.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
With this new option I'm thinking about a lift axle for my van.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I'm thinking that with our 24 foot x 102" box we might be able to snag some of the smaller "E" loads if we add a lift axle.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have yet to see the "new" system, going out again next week. In the past the heavy D and light E loads seem to pay much lower rates than our normal work. They seemed to be more general freight as opposed to our more specialized work. Dirtier freight as well. Often made the box smell bad which affected our other work. Time will tell.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Im glad the times is changing back as I like Hauling those C and D loads with a Tractor Trailer. Keeps me poping. Not long a ago they change it. Glad now its going back finaly. If it pays Ill haul it. Im not worried. Double Thumbs up FedEX
GLad You Listened!!!!
HOOOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Can someone please explain to me what they mean by "non-discounted loads"? I asked the CC that answered the phone last week (My CC was out for the holiday). She had no idea what I was talking about (guess she hadn't seen the letter or Jason's video) and couldn't answer my question.
I am not so sure they always answer questions truthfully but that is another issue...
Also I am interested in what you think the effect will be on us E units.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
My thinking is that not a whole lot will change. As a D we take a lot of C loads and some B loads.
Because we have a 24 foot box we occasionally get an E load. (We got the E rate for the load but D rate for FSC)
I can see where a B with 3 skid or more than 2500 pound capacity might be able to take a small C load. A C with more than 5000 pound capacity might be able to take a heavier load the same way a D with more than 13000 pound or a larger box might be able to take a small E load.
I do not know what a "non discounted load is vs a discounted load".
I think that this is just a way for FedEx to be able to cover more loads by utilizing the available trucks to there maximum potential.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Good news for my "C" I lose loads 5K to 7K. How many I`ll never know. The bad news is that many if not all are the "Discounted" variety.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Glad now it's back finaly. If it pays Ill haul it. Im not worried. Double Thumbs up FedEX
GLad You Listened!!!!
HOOOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
ITs about time!!!!
Make sure ALL the Dispatchers know!!!
YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!
Thanks for listening.
YOU GO FedEX!!!!!!

Attachments

• 578020_450917954968078_1823165455_n.jpg
    578020_450917954968078_1823165455_n.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Glad now it's back finaly. If it pays Ill haul it. Im not worried. Double Thumbs up FedEX
GLad You Listened!!!!
HOOOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
ITs about time!!!!
Make sure ALL the Dispatchers know!!!
YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!
Thanks for listening.
YOU GO FedEX!!!!!!

IRT are you not already a "E" unit?

Wolfie62

Seasoned Expediter
My take on non-discounted loads means "premium" paying loads, the ones for customers not being given a large discount by FedEx.

We drove a CR unit with a 22' box. Dispatchers argued that we had a 12' box, due to C classification. Hopefully that is over. Never did win that argument, anyway. Now to figure out how to fit 14 pallets in one layer in a 22' box.......

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
IRT are you not already a "E" unit?

YUUUPPPPPP I am and like I said back in the day I got offered B C D loads then it changed I didnt get the offer if a c or d was in the area on those loads then wamooo now its back. Well Well Well Like I said if you all read if it pays and dont put the truck in the red ill do it. You can understand that cant you. Like I said GOOD DEAL GREAT YEA!!!! KEEPS ME POPING and THank you!!!!!!!! OH yes to your question YES Im an ER nothing else compares.