CB Setups

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're welcome Dakota. Here is a link to Uniden showing the new version of the radio I have. UnidenDirect - Bearcat Pro Series with Dynamic Squelch Control

I don't know if the quality has diminished since I bought mine, but I'm sure there are some websites devoted to CB radios complete with reviews. $150 or less should get you a more than an adequate set-up that you will be satisfied with. Be sure to let the CB tech know what kind of truck you have for proper antenna selection. A decent radio is a small part of the whole. A good antenna and proper ground plane are the key to a usable system.

I don't talk much on my CB. But it is always on with the squelch turned up and the volume down. I agree most of the CB conversation is garbage. I have developed an acute sense that allows me to listen to recorded books or music and still pick out important info from the CB concerning road conditions, accidents or construction delays BEFORE I encounter them!

Good luck with your selection and stay away from hand held radios. 10-4 good buddy and I ain't got no panties on!

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
Anyone use one of those 2 piece radios, were the radio part can be some distance from the driver and the mic, channel selector, ect. can be by the driver? Name? Brand?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I've been happy with the Uniden products I have bought in the past.
Funny I ain't got no panties on either 10-4

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
you can get a cheap cobra 25 or 29 in the truck stops. And you can use the cig lighter power but it will choke it down for power it is better to hook it to battery. If you just wanna hear traffic this will do good. If you wanna get out and slap someones mama get a connex haha.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Well, I found a local shop here in Fort Wayne and they carry the Uniden 40 Channel CB Radio PC-68XL
Price $99.99
Uniden 40 Channel CB Radio PC-78XL
Price $114.99
Uniden Compact 40 Channel CB Radio PRO-510XL
Price $49.99

Anything wrong with the compact one?

PRO-510XL Uniden Compact 40 Channel CB Radio PRO-510XL

Uniden Compact 40 Channel CB Radio, 7 Watt audio output, LED display, auto noise limiter switch, phase locked loop circuitry, volume and squelch control, LED signal strength meter, TX LED, heavy duty mic, rotary channel selector and mounting hardware.
Unit Size: 6 3/4 in. x 4 1/2 in. x 1 3/8 in.

Price $49.99

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anything wrong with the compact one?

PRO-510XL Uniden Compact 40 Channel CB Radio PRO-510XL

Check with the shop tech. It could have the same radio innards as the more expensive models, but without all the extras. I see the PC 68 now comes with a SWR meter. SWR meter, Mic gain and RF gain controls are features I use. If all you want and need is a basic radio, then the 510 may be the way to go.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Check with the shop tech. It could have the same radio innards as the more expensive models, but without all the extras. I see the PC 68 now comes with a SWR meter. SWR meter, Mic gain and RF gain controls are features I use. If all you want and need is a basic radio, then the 510 may be the way to go.

you can see the pictures, info at D & B sales in Fort Wayne Indiana

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Cool flashlight feature on that CB Moot :rolleyes:
I haven't made it over to the shop yet, but will check out what they have to offer.

Next question anyone have any installation ideas for a Hino?
I guess I could mount it on top the dash.
not really any good place in a Hino it seems

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Thanks. It comes standard with the Night Stalker package.

I've never been in a Hino. No overhead storage? Any under dash mounting points? Doghouse?

The overhead storage has doors, kinda like a glove box, not open like a international, I guess you could cut a hole in the space between doors.
It would be awfully low if mounted under the dash. no dog house Hinos dash are more like a toyota pickups dash

I was thinking on top the dash or maybe between the seats next to the center console if it can be mounted vertical

Somebody must be on here with a Hino other than me
I hope:eek: