Carter, the new amerikan

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Former President Carter gave an interview to Der Spiegel that was posted on their site 8/15.

Now a lot of people think he was a good president, some think that he deserved the his Nobel Peace Prize, but a lot think he is an old insane man who is as unamerican as someone could get.

What gets me about his comments is this statement;
"The fundamentalists believe they have a unique relationship with God, and that they and their ideas are God's ideas and God's premises on the particular issue. Therefore, by definition since they are speaking for God anyone who disagrees with them is inherently wrong. And the next step is: Those who disagree with them are inherently inferior, and in extreme cases -- as is the case with some fundamentalists around the world -- it makes your opponents sub-humans, so that their lives are not significant. Another thing is that a fundamentalist can't bring himself or herself to negotiate with people who disagree with them because the negotiating process itself is an indication of implied equality. "

In the context of the article he is refering to Christain Fundamentalist, which includes anyone who has a strong belief in their religion but more so can and really should be applied to the Islamic terrorist.

Please read the interview and you can decide for yourself.

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/spiegel/0,1518,431793,00.html

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The only thing you can say for Carter as a president is he didn't have people murdered in parks or have radar systems changed to fly planes into mountains or stain other people's clothes. Other than that he wasn't much, especially as an economy tender.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Since we are going after Politicians today here is some news that I read yesterday about our once VP and now champion of Global warming Al Gore.
Apparently Al and the Tipper live in a 10,000 sq foot home near Nashville. They also have another 5,000 sq foot home in Va near Washington. There are mineral deposits on the Nashville land that get mined using strip mine technigues with waste being dumped into a river.

When Al flies around the world to tout his movie and books he flies in a private corporate plane rather then commercial. So much for saving fuel. The guy is a typical self serving individual who spouts off saying"do as I say, not as I do"

ACW4478

Expert Expediter
Greg, How do you get away with driving a 1999 vehicle when the FedEx Owner Operator Cargo Van Vehicle Specifications clearly states, " Vehicles must be no more than five years old from date of manufacture."

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greg, I see you edited your post and yet the "a lot of people think he was a good president" statement remained. You're really putting your credibility on the line. I mean, how could that possibly be true?

Rich, I read that essay in USA Today. Classic limosine liberal. Lectures the peasants to buckle down and then takes a limo ride to the airport and flys off in a private jet to lecture more peasants.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>Greg, How do you get away with driving a 1999 vehicle when
>the FedEx Owner Operator Cargo Van Vehicle Specifications
>clearly states, " Vehicles must be no more than five years
>old from date of manufacture."

OK here is the deal, My van had less than 90K on it when I was accepted with FedEx. I have to maintain it with ZERO breakdowns in order to continue to use it with FedEx. I have had two problems with it that would stop me accepting a load offer - each with wheel Bearings, left first right second. outside of that I have to replace three injectors (one is going bad - two don't act right under a balance test), replace the A/C compressor and go through the entire driveline.

Highway Star,

I am typing all of this with a sick cat on my lap. She passed out this morning around the time I posted this thread (I mean I thought she was dead, like a rag doll). well anyway I got into a down right screaming match with someone a while ago who believe Carter was one of the best president who ever lived. Mind you that she also thought that the UN is on the right road but anyway I find that many people who were born around or after (remember he has been out of office for 25 years now) have been brainwashed into thinking some really twisted thoughts.

Well anyway he did kill Elvis.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
By any chance is this person you were involved with the screaming match is Mrs Gregg, around here we simply don't talk politcs. Unfortunately sometimes we live with misguided females that TallCall would welcome with open arms.LOL

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nope, Debbie is does not engage in any political conversations other than she thinks Hillary is scary (so do my cats by the way).

The person is a college student soon to graduate. When she had her polysci classes, her prof really messed up her mind with a bunch of c**p but a lot of her idea about carter came from highschool.

Twisted!

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
>
>"The fundamentalists believe they have a unique relationship
>with God, and that they and their ideas are God's ideas and
>God's premises on the particular issue. Therefore, by
>definition since they are speaking for God anyone who
>disagrees with them is inherently wrong. And the next step
>is: Those who disagree with them are inherently inferior,
>and in extreme cases -- as is the case with some
>fundamentalists around the world -- it makes your opponents
>sub-humans, so that their lives are not significant. Another
>thing is that a fundamentalist can't bring himself or
>herself to negotiate with people who disagree with them
>because the negotiating process itself is an indication of
>implied equality. "
>

What an amazingly lucid observation! Interesting interview, as well.

Rex

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
>
>In the context of the article he is refering to Christain
>Fundamentalist, which includes anyone who has a strong
>belief in their religion but more so can and really should
>be applied to the Islamic terrorist.
>

Yeah, a Christian abortion clinic bomber is on a much higher level than an Islamic suicide bomber.

No matter how you rev up the nano-semantic folicular splitterizer, a fundamentalist extremist is just that. The "holy" book they carry is irrelevant to the issue.

Rex