Cargomax

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
The research I've done suggests that some companies up there provide decent housing, some will put you in their "man-camp" which would be a bunkhouse setup. Finding a company that runs sleeper trucks is also an option except for the lack of parking. Food is expensive as well, when available. The stores have trouble keeping stocked. I would suggest an alternate plan for food as well. Either take some with you, or have the ability to order non-perishables online or something. Texas doesn't seem to have all of those problems yet. The Midland/Odessa area is getting there though. I will be just outside of that area enough that living costs are manageable.

I agree with Moot. It is all about being able to get into the money without getting caught up in the spending spree. I hear stories of many people leaving just as broke as they were when they got there....no net gain.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You could always buy a used RV or travel trailer and park it up there. They can be bought cheap and you'll have a bedroom, shower, cooking, heat, a/c and a small living area. I am going to have a 27' Ford E350 RV for sale after the 4th of July weekend.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
You could always buy a used RV or travel trailer and park it up there. They can be bought cheap and you'll have a bedroom, shower, cooking, heat, a/c and a small living area. I am going to have a 27' Ford E350 RV for sale after the 4th of July weekend.

From what I've read and heard, in stories on the man camps and energy boom there, even small campers are having a hard time finding places to park, and those that do find a spot in some parking lot or out back of some biz, often have no hookups.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
From what I've read and heard, in stories on the man camps and energy boom there, even small campers are having a hard time finding places to park, and those that do find a spot in some parking lot or out back of some biz, often have no hookups.

Many were parked out in front of Wal-Mart.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I delivered in Watford City, ND this morning. Gas was $3.80/gallon. On the other side of the state it was $3.30/gallon. In Dickinson there was a new hotel being built, Value Place. A large lighted sign facing I-94 stated: Opening Soon. $600/week.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I delivered in Watford City, ND this morning. Gas was $3.80/gallon. On the other side of the state it was $3.30/gallon. In Dickinson there was a new hotel being built, Value Place. A large lighted sign facing I-94 stated: Opening Soon. $600/week.
Proof! That all this new oil is driving down prices! :D

I should have the Cargomax up for sale sometime over the weekend.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Well, here is the EO listing. A lot of my pictures wouldn't upload to the site for some reason. I'll post a couple here of the inside of the box and see what I can do about resizing for the classifieds later. I do have many more pics for anyone who is interested.

http://www.expeditersonline.com/cla.../Cargo-Vans/listings/16799/2009-CargoMax.html

9yqeteva.jpg

a9yqe6eg.jpg

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Kenny, was wondering if you could tell everyone what type of mpg's you were getting???

(Who knows, maybe I'll buy it and park it next to my TerraMaxx in Missouri, it's been awfully lonely since I parked it...):D

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Hey Kenny, was wondering if you could tell everyone what type of mpg's you were getting???

(Who knows, maybe I'll buy it and park it next to my TerraMaxx in Missouri, it's been awfully lonely since I parked it...):D
My cruising speed on the interstate is 65mph and it will get 14.5 mpg pretty consistently at 65. If you drop down to 60-62 mph, it bumps up to 15 pretty quick.

I think that Chevrolet would look GREAT sitting beside your Ford! :thumbup:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Haven't been on EO in a while. The CargoMax listing expired and I never updated it until last week. I need to get it sold, so if anyone is interested, let me know. It's in the classifieds again.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Haven't been on EO in a while. The CargoMax listing expired and I never updated it until last week. I need to get it sold, so if anyone is interested, let me know. It's in the classifieds again.

How's the new job going?

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
How's the new job going?

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123
I transferred up to OK from TX... I'm liking it a lot up here. TX was fine, but this is closer to home and a lot less drama. I'm close enough to home now, that I can make the trip pretty much any weekend I want to.

There is an amazing amount of work going on. One thing I have found though is that most of the big money you hear about is not earned through high wages....its earned through 80-100 hour work weeks. There are some specific jobs that seem to be pretty good jobs that pay in the 65-70k range. Most of the 6 figure jobs are going to require a LOT of hours or a few years to work into.... that's my observation so far anyway.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Wow! I guess in hindsight we didn't work you that hard after all. :cool:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Wow! I guess in hindsight we didn't work you that hard after all. :cool:
lol!.... yeah, well... I'm not a 100hr/week guy...lol. I do about 60 hours/wk right now. Of course, my paycheck reflects that. I would rather make a little less and remain on this side of the dirt...lol.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the pms guys. Please be patient with me as I have limited time to devote to this...although I need to get it out of the yard!..lol.

Lets keep most of the questions in PM please. I appreciate EO not deleting this thread as an advertisement....and I dont want to push my luck. I did want to let the EO regulars know it is available though.