Cargo weight capacity Ford E350 7.3 diesel extende

firefighter

Expert Expediter
Looking for information as to the cargo weight capacity on the 2001 Ford E350 7.3 one ton diesel extended van. GVW is 9400 lbs. Would I be able to qualify the van as capable of carrying over 3000 lbs of cargo. The company I am looking to sign on with pays extra per mile if you can load over 3000 lbs in the van.
Thanks
firefighter

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
RE: Cargo weight capacity Ford E350 7.3 diesel ext

You should have no problem.

However, I would suggest that you watch how much fuel you have when you scale.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter

Have you weighed the vehicle? Be sure to allow for all your "personal" gear. It gets pretty esay to overload your unit as time goes by.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard

I had two E-350's. '92 and '96 and as I recall, the showroom weight was in the neighborhood of 5700 lbs. Add 150# fuel, 220# driver, plywood flooring, load securement eqpt, all your personal gear, and maybe a laptop to stay in touch with EO, you'll just about have a 3000# capacity, but not much more. I now have a Chev 3500 and with co-driver,full tank my available payload is 2020#

expeditesales

Expert Expediter

Your Van should weigh between 6000 lbs and 6600 lbs with all your gear and a full tank of fuel

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard

I suspect expeditesales is refering to firefighters post, not mine

My Express 3500 has an after market fiberglass roof similar to that which many van owners are now installing. The GVWR is 9500 and with our personal gear, full tank and co driver we CAT scaled,whith no cargo, at 7480 lbs for a net safe cargo capacity of 2020 lbs. A bit disappointing since our carrier recently raised the limits of a B load to 2500 lbs. We are essentially grandfathered at the 2000 lb capacity requirement, but we'll have to give serious consideration to adding a hightop to our next van