cargo vans

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In expedite it does not make a lot of difference where the company is located.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
then what a good company or companys

You will have to make that decision yourself. What's good for one is not good for the other. Companies now are dime a dozen with new start ups everyday. The problem is there's no more freight to go around. You can't get more out of a dollar than a dollars worth. I would stick with an older known company. Depends on experience, start up capital etc, etc. Maybe Bolt for a new guy or maybe even C&M. Alabama is a newer area than others, what I mean by that is Ms/ has a new autoplant, so there's a lot of spin off companies that start with them. Lot of things to look at. If you are finacially able consider a small box truck that can carry at least 3 pallets. Sign of the times.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think the bigger question is why do you want to buy a cargo van and get into expediting? Do you think you'll make a lot of easy money doing this? Your original question reeks of knowing about expedite, but not really knowing anything substantial about it. You're not just buying a van and getting into expedite, you are literally starting up a small business, and the same kinds of homework that needs to be done before you buy and open up a dry cleaner or a restaurant needs to be done before you start your own expedite business.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
At the expo flea market next year I'll be selling bumper stickers.

IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME.....

Will 100 be enough ?

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
My advice is buy the biggest van you can buy for example sprinter or equivalent. I was in a regular van for two years. I didn't start making decent money till I got into a sprinter. There are tons of companies. Call around and find one that fits for you. Good luck

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Just be sure you understand what happens at 10,000 lbs. If not sure,ask. That number is a game changer.

ACEofSpades

Seasoned Expediter
Personally, I would not buy a cargo van. A "Class B" CDL is rather easy to get and it opens your options considerably. If you are prevented from going that route because of health reasons, disregard that comment. Driving a straight truck gets you dock high, let's you carry more weight/larger loads, gives you an actual sleeper, plus you have the benefit of being able to get lift gate loads (if equipped). The logs are no big deal, especially with the larger carriers, because most of them are all electronic now. Having the ability to comfortably run a team is also a huge plus. Just my opinion.