OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
general1.jpg
Just a little over the edge...but close! LOL

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I finally found out whom you are.....Long time no see.....:)
I suppose Mark must have told you. Saw you over at Carlisle J awhile back, went inside to take care of biz and when I came back out to say hi your sprinter was locked up tight. Couldn't stick around because I was getting ready to go make a p/u. I guess there will be many more opportunities to say hay.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I drive a 2006 Ford E-250 Cargo van that has a 2000 lbs Payload Capacity. What is the limit I should haul loads? 2100? 2500? What? Suggestions please.

You need an van that can handle 2500 lbs for starters. Your loosing opportunities having such a lightweight van.The first van I got, I made the mistake of getting only an E-250 to save money, but it cost me money in the long run for lost opportunities.

niko2008

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Producers said: Series 2500 is a 3/4 ton van (1650 pounds), 3500 is a 1 ton van (2200 pounds). I've got GMC Savana 3500 and reject any loads heavier than 2000 pounds. Whatever you do do not go over your GVWR (yours is 8600 pounds)

Reactions: Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Producers said: Series 2500 is a 3/4 ton van (1650 pounds), 3500 is a 1 ton van (2200 pounds).
It doesn't matter what Max Bialystock or anyone else claims in their advertising brochures. The only accurate way to come up with a maximum legal payload is to weigh the van when fully outfitted for expediting. This weight should include driver, personal gear etc. and a full tank of fuel. Then subtract this weight from the manufacturer's GVWR tag on the door or door frame to get your maximum payload weight.

I've got GMC Savana 3500 and reject any loads heavier than 2000 pounds.
Your Savana 3500, before being equipped for expediting should be able to haul over 3000 lbs. without going over the GVWR. You may want to weigh your van. If you feel more comfortable staying under 2000 lbs. payload, that's cool.

Whatever you do do not go over your GVWR
I agree!

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just get a sprinter. Had a 2000 lb load and it was the smoothest ride in a truck I've ever had.

I prefer the American vans but shippers want what they want...